Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Gas Cubby 2.7 broke all history data collected for several years (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/gas-cubby-2-7-broke-all-history-data-collected-for-several-years-16916.html)

ababak 09-28-2014 02:27 PM

Gas Cubby 2.7 broke all history data collected for several years

All data earlier than May 2014 got screwed up. It looks like total cost was left intact while cost/litre and litres are invalid (cost became smaller while litres count proportionally increased). All this resulted in incorrectly high L/100km data. I've seen another report about incorrect gas consumption values in this forum.

Fortunately I've got a CSV data exported on 18th of September, 2014 with correct values but currently the synced data is broken for me.

ababak 10-05-2014 02:58 AM

Any comments from the developers? Thank you.

RobertV 10-07-2014 07:29 AM

I'd like for you to try the following steps-

The default unit setting in Gas Cubby is MPG (US), which means it takes miles and US gallons for input and then outputs miles per gallon. You likely have been using Gas Cubby with other units but, when your data was lost, the units were reset to the default MPG (US). Online Sync only stores the numbers, not the units, so the proper numbers were downloaded but you changed the units back to the proper units setting after the data was recovered, doing a unit conversion in the process.
To fix this, do the following:
Note: if you have not tapped Sync since recovering the data and changing the units, you may skip to step 4.
1. change the units back to MPG (US)
2. go to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Synced Data
3. return to the main screen and tap Sync
4. return to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Local Data
5. change the units to what you had been using all along
6. return to the main screen and tap Sync.
All your data should now be properly restored.

ababak 10-07-2014 07:43 AM

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking your time to help.

I've done all the steps and after the last sync everything have changed vice versa.

Now the old data seems ok but everything starting May 2014 is broken. The total cost field is ok, the litres field is ok, the cost/litre is insanely high, the L/100 km is insanely low.

ababak 10-13-2014 12:55 PM

Is there anything that can be done to fix the data inside the application (or sync server)? If I can collect and fix it in one CSV file (I have CSV backups) could it be possible to import back?

RobertV 10-13-2014 01:02 PM

Gas Cubby currently does not offer an import function.

I'm not sure what the next approach you can take is for your specific situation. Let me do some research and get back to you.

ababak 10-26-2014 10:22 PM

Hi Robert,

Any news? It looks like I have to start over and abandon all the data collected since 2008. Besides I see that after doing what you advised all odometer values from May to September are distorted too.

What if I send you a manually fixed CSV file, would it be possible to fix the synced data at your side?

RobertV 10-27-2014 05:18 AM

While it may be difficult to have incorrect old data sitting on your device, is it possible to bare with us while we work on the Gas Cubby/Fuelly integration? Once we can get sync finalized you'll be able to edit your data and then import it into Fuelly and then have GasCubby sync with the correct data.

Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to force data onto the sync server in the way you're proposing.

ababak 10-27-2014 06:33 AM

Ok, thank you. I will wait, it's good to know it will be possible to fix in the near future.