Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Version 2.1 Issues (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/version-2-1-issues-17154.html)

phil404 01-09-2015 09:56 AM

Version 2.1 Issues

Well, I was excited about today's major update, until I opened the app. Almost none of the data points are correct, and the app vehicle settings revert to Miles/Gallons no matter what you choose.

Screenshot of main page:

https://i.imgur.com/js702V9.png

Issues:

AVG L/100km: wrong. Should be 8.2
LAST L/100km: wrong. Should be 11.2
BEST L/100km: wrong. Should be 5.4 (also, how can LAST be better than BEST?)

Total Distance Tracked: wrong. Should be 18687
30 Fuelups: wrong. Should be 63

Screenshot of logs page:
https://i.imgur.com/Qi3TvqP.png

None of the L/100km totals (right side of each entry) appear to be correctly calculated. No idea what's going on here.

Looking at the JAN 7, 2015 entry:
- 6.6 L/100km should be 11.22
- Liters added is the correct number, but displayed as gal.
- Price per liter is correct amount, but displayed as gal.
- Trip distance is in miles

Sorry to say, but It seems like the app is a big mess.

I'm using the app in Montreal, Canada.
My web settings are L/100Km and Km.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

-phil

joshlehman 01-09-2015 10:22 AM

Just sent you over a Fuelly Mail request for some additional details regarding your device settings. Once I get those I'll run some additional tests and follow up with you via Fuelly Mail. Once we get it resolved I'll post back here with the resolution. Thanks and sorry about the continued headaches!

ottx 01-09-2015 11:57 AM

Mine is really really wrong!

Online I have set to L/100KM.

Go to the app -
AVG MPG 4.7mpg (should be 17.7Mpg or 13.5L/100km)
Last MPG - 4.9mpg
Best - 4.9mpg

under prices - all 3 are $0.00

Edit Vehicle - try to change it from Miles/Gallons to KM/Liters - Hit save, does nothing.

Under Logs. Last MPG is 4.9 and Best 5.4MPG.
Under fillups. lists 32.00Galons - should be Liters. Lists 1.15$/Gal - should be L. Also last fill up is 4.9Mpg

Switch back to MPG online. Open the app again and it's correct with all MPG information as it should. Average 17.7Mpg/Last 18.6mpg/etc

Edit the car to switch to KM/L and hit save - nothing

LittleHim 01-09-2015 12:09 PM

My numbers are screwed up as well.
Went to edit a fill up and the cost was missing, shows in log not in edit, and showed gallons not Liters.
Went to edit vehicle, showed correct but when I saved and went back in it showed Miles and Gallons. Changed Vehicle to Kilometers and Liters, saved went back to edit and it showed Miles and Liters, changed to KM and L saved went back to edit and it shows Miles and Gallons. Basically every time I go in to edit vehicle it changes.

edit:
I deleted and reinstalled.
Showed MPG in the 5 - 5.5MPG range, changed to L/100KM showed in the 5 - 5.5L/100KM range, logged out then back in now shows in the 40 - 50L/100KM range

GLDub 01-09-2015 12:20 PM

The new update is slightly worse than the last version.
I use km/l for my mileage and input my fuel-ups in litres.
The old version would somehow convert the kilometres I entered on the computer to miles on the app but it would display the correct km/l.
Now the app displays my distance in correctly converted miles and my fuel ups in US gallons but without converting the amount I have entered in litres to gallons.
So now the km/l displays at about a quarter of what it should be when using the app.
It would be easier if the app was just a basic version of the webpage because everything is always correct when I view the website.

casewindow 01-10-2015 10:38 AM

I have the same issue with the confusion between metric and imperial which results in the wrong data being displayed in the app.

JRMurray 01-10-2015 02:39 PM

I'm having the same issues.

wdn2 01-11-2015 03:55 PM

I guess I'm lucky. All my numbers still appear to be correct. However, I've noticed that the location function doesn't work. If I select it, all I get is the spinning pinwheel. Hope they're working on a fix.

RobertV 01-11-2015 04:09 PM

For our international users having issues stated in the OP, we have a fix getting submitted either this evening or tomorrow morning.
This update will also fix the locations bug as well!

Thanks for your patience!

looking4OPH 01-11-2015 07:56 PM

Why don't "Notes" (ie; service items) entered on fuelly.com show up in the iOS app? Is that intentional?

B3NN3TT 01-12-2015 05:35 AM

Yes; I used the Notes section religiously, and now the new iOS port doesn't have that field anymore.

SinnerVW 01-12-2015 12:21 PM

I was also a Notes user in each fuel up. Now it's not available.

What's going on?

Using GasTracker+ on iOS 8.1.2/ iPhone 6

alexcue 01-15-2015 10:32 AM

my app is not updating the internet version with my data. What I've noticed is the trip distance is listing it as zero. I enter to the odometer figure, and this has happened on two vehicles. I have to go back to the online version to reenter my data.

RobertV 01-15-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexcue (Post 181418)
my app is not updating the internet version with my data. What I've noticed is the trip distance is listing it as zero. I enter to the odometer figure, and this has happened on two vehicles. I have to go back to the online version to reenter my data.

Which vehicle? What are you trying to input (date/odometer/etc)?

Also, are you using WiFi or a Data connection? What model device and version of iOS?

alexcue 01-15-2015 11:45 AM

have had issues with 2 vehicles, My Tundra and Prius. Have used both wi-fi and data. Iphone 6+ using iOS 8.1.2

I input Odometer, price and Gallons. The rest is prepopulated.

alexcue 01-15-2015 11:47 AM

I tried to uninstall it and reinstall the app also to see if that cleared the problem. Same result. It wouldn't update online. So I just inputed the info online and it did refresh on the app.

Pajenti 01-16-2015 05:30 AM

Any news on this issue? I have the same problem, I live in Montreal and use an iPhone 5S 64go, iOS 8.1.2

Thanks

RobertV 01-16-2015 08:25 AM

Update was submitted on Wednesday and as of right now it's currently pending review from Apple. We're hoping they push it through by end of day today but it could be early next week when we finally see it available in the app store.
Once we receive word that it's been approved, I'll post here in the forums to alert you all.

HouseApe 01-17-2015 08:08 AM

Subscribed as I'm have the same issue (in Canada)

detach8 01-17-2015 06:27 PM

Completely broken

The latest version is completely broken for me, and I am disappointed.

1. It does not sync AT ALL. Wifi/3G/4G doesn't matter (my data connection is definitely working, Facebook, etc. works). This is the biggest issue and a hotfix should be released to resolve this ASAP. I've tried deleting and re-adding, logging in and out, and the entry still does not show up on fuelly.com (see my account detach8, it should have one fuel up for the Micra). I'm using odometer tracking. If this is not fixed, a lot of people will lose their data.

** The hotfix should also attempt upload of the local (phone) data back to fuelly.com. Don't just re-sync the online stuff or people WILL lose data.

2. The fuel economy calculations are completely off. It's saying I'm doing ~3km/L average on my 520d (that's like 7mpg!). The computation on the fuelly.com website is correct.

3. I can't change the units on my cars. I hit edit vehicle, change the units to km/litres, save, then hit edit again, and it's still in miles and gallons.

4. The labels on the fuelup input form also shows the units incorrectly, i.e. I tried to set my vehicle units (item #3 above), or set it under settings to km/L, but it still shows miles and gallons.

5. And why are there two places to change my units? Shouldn't it be on each car? The generic one in settings should be thrown out.

6. I hit edit vehicle, and there are two fields: engine and transmission. Those are not editable. This may be a work in progress thing, I guess.

7. Finally, this app is probably still in beta and I suggest you create a submit feedback function within the app. It took me a while to find this forum.

iPhone 5S / 8.1.2 (12B440)

- Justin

xenon5four 01-20-2015 09:46 AM

I have the same issue. I use L/100km and the numbers on my desktop site profile are correct, the app is most definitely incorrect. reading outrageous numbers like avg fuel consumption: 46.6L/100km in app, when it is in fact 12.1L/100km on the desktop site. Exact same logs, nothing is different. Its also reading the wrong distance tracked in the app - 2884 km when it is in fact 4642 km. (Using Iphone 5, IOS 8.1.2, GasTracker+ ver. 2.1)

RobertV 01-20-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detach8 (Post 181450)
The latest version is completely broken for me, and I am disappointed.
~snip~
- Justin

Thanks for the feedback and quick response to my Fuelly Mail message. We're still digging into this trying to replicate and find a solution.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenon5four (Post 181487)
I have the same issue. I use L/100km and the numbers on my desktop site profile are correct, the app is most definitely incorrect. reading outrageous numbers like avg fuel consumption: 46.6L/100km in app, when it is in fact 12.1L/100km on the desktop site. Exact same logs, nothing is different. Its also reading the wrong distance tracked in the app - 2884 km when it is in fact 4642 km. (Using Iphone 5, IOS 8.1.2, GasTracker+ ver. 2.1)

Again, sorry for any trouble. The update will have a fix.

Unfortunately we're nearing day 7 since submission to Apple and as of today, it's still pending review. It looks like the average turn around time was 7 days, but has since jumped to 9, although we were always lucky enough to see our apps approved much, much sooner. Apple is likely backed up from all the holiday requests so right now we're just waiting patiently.
I'll keep you all updated.

kb1elv 01-20-2015 04:13 PM

Also seeing trip distance 0 on iPhone 5s since update via 4g/wifi for past 2 fill ups. Make sure you save your data just in case!

RobertV 01-20-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1elv (Post 181494)
Also seeing trip distance 0 on iPhone 5s since update via 4g/wifi for past 2 fill ups. Make sure you save your data just in case!

Can you provide more details on this? Screenshots?

kb1elv 01-21-2015 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The last 2 fill ups didn't sync with the website

kb1elv 01-21-2015 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one

95Pathy 01-21-2015 08:27 AM

Wow I'm so disappointed... I had data entered through the Apple Fuel Tracker app in January that is all gone after the update and I can't get back. It still shows an old vehicle we sold and retired on my app, and I just logged into the internet version to check after I brought the app up this morning and it showed 0 mpg average and 0 everything on 2 of my 3 vehicles and nothing recent on the 3rd vehicle. I have nothing updated on the web after the 4th of January I think.

I was getting the "can't sync" message before, but checking through the web access it looked like it was actually syncing. Now there is nothing it seems.

Is everything entered for January gone or is there a way to recover it?

RobertV 01-23-2015 06:14 AM

As of about 15 minutes ago Gas Tracker has finally moved to the "Under Review" status from Apple. :thumb:

For the above users with sync trouble, please look for the update and the force a sync (swipe/pull down) to see if the data then gets pushed to the web side.

If not, then please post an update, and I'll reach out to each of you on an individual basis.

ottx 01-23-2015 10:30 AM

just updated to the new version and really messed up now

when online set to L/100KM. my average is 13.4L/100km for avg. 11.5L/100 last fill up, etc

launch the app. says last MPG is 8.7, Best 8.7 Average price, etc shows 0.00. edit car from miles/gallons to L and KM. no change.

switch online back to MPG

re-launch the app. says avg is 28.6Mpg/last mgp 33.MPG, but cost is now 5.23$/L

edit the car on the app to miles/gallons. MPG stays the same. Price now lists 0.00L

Going to Log is lists 10.73L at 4.01$/L

Looks like L/100km is still broken. MPG used to work on last version, now that is broken too

LittleHim 01-23-2015 11:08 AM

otto - did you try to logout then back in?

RobertV - my numbers are correct now, not good but correct. I did notice something, I scrolled down my log to see if everything looked right when I got to the bottom I tapped the top centre of the screen (Clock) to return to the top of the log as most apps do, nothing happened I had to swipe several times to get back to the top. I don't know if this is new, a bug or a missed programable feature.

ottx 01-23-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleHim (Post 181549)
otto - did you try to logout then back in?

RobertV - my numbers are correct now, not good but correct. I did notice something, I scrolled down my log to see if everything looked right when I got to the bottom I tapped the top centre of the screen (Clock) to return to the top of the log as most apps do, nothing happened I had to swipe several times to get back to the top. I don't know if this is new, a bug or a missed programable feature.

yup just did.

now its reading 3.6L/100Km when online is set to MPG. Set the app to M/Gallons.same issue.

Change the app to miles. now reads 3.6MPG

But if I switch to online to L/100. Set the app to L/100 and edit the car to L/100KM I get better numbers.

online its 13.4/11.5/11.5 and app reads 13.6/11.5/11.5

InvisiBill 01-23-2015 01:54 PM

I'm now actually able to use the location feature to enter what gas station I'm filling up at, but it's missing the station closest to me. Where does the app get its gas station data from?

kb1elv 01-23-2015 03:02 PM

My sync issue has been resolved. Thank!

andyrobo 01-23-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisiBill (Post 181554)
I'm now actually able to use the location feature to enter what gas station I'm filling up at, but it's missing the station closest to me. Where does the app get its gas station data from?

WE use Google Maps API to power the Gas Station location list. We plan to develop a tool for users to add, edit & verify data about Gas Stations in the future. We want to switch to our own Gas Station database (vs using Google) ASAP.

For now, if you want to track a fuel-up and the location it came from you can use the tag system. In an upcoming release we will be adding brand (Shell, Exxon, Esso, etc) so that might help as well. We are also going to be adding Octane, and a couple other fields related to vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1elv (Post 181556)
My sync issue has been resolved. Thank!

Great news. I'm glad it's fixed. If the app works well for you, we really appreciate a positive review in the app store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottx (Post 181550)
yup just did.

now its reading 3.6L/100Km when online is set to MPG. Set the app to M/Gallons.same issue.

Change the app to miles. now reads 3.6MPG

But if I switch to online to L/100. Set the app to L/100 and edit the car to L/100KM I get better numbers.

online its 13.4/11.5/11.5 and app reads 13.6/11.5/11.5

I would suggest deleting the app (make sure it's synced). then I would go to the website and set the units to those that you want to use. Then install the app and try it out again. Please report back here, we need your feedback to iron out any little bugs. Thanks!

looking4OPH 01-24-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 181558)
WE use Google Maps API to power the Gas Station location list. We plan to develop a tool for users to add, edit & verify data about Gas Stations in the future. We want to switch to our own Gas Station database (vs using Google) ASAP.

If that is the data you are getting back from the Google Maps API, it isn't helping the quality of that feature. I was sitting in a gas station and it was not on the list. I searched via the iOS Google Maps app and it did not show it either. Yes, you are only getting the data Google gives you. No, it does not make your app useful (or look good). Frankly, developing your own with other things your app/site needs might not be the best use of resources. If you could get gas station data from GasBuddy or Waze, I've found that data to be pretty consistently good.

detach8 01-25-2015 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looking4OPH (Post 181562)
If that is the data you are getting back from the Google Maps API, it isn't helping the quality of that feature. I was sitting in a gas station and it was not on the list. I searched via the iOS Google Maps app and it did not show it either. Yes, you are only getting the data Google gives you. No, it does not make your app useful (or look good). Frankly, developing your own with other things your app/site needs might not be the best use of resources. If you could get gas station data from GasBuddy or Waze, I've found that data to be pretty consistently good.

You do realize that Fuelly is an app that is used globally, do you? Google likely has a more complete global set of data than GasBuddy or Waze. I think they had to make a choice of data providers, and I don't think Google is a bad choice.

They could probably merge the three data providers, but in some cases it would simply just cause one location to show up three times and it becomes another issue they need to solve.

IMHO, just type it in manually if it bothers you.

detach8 01-25-2015 05:10 AM

RobertV/andyrobo: My issues seems resolved with the latest update. I will keep testing. (and I have reset my password)

andyrobo 01-25-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looking4OPH (Post 181562)

GasBuddy data is unavailable. I tried to get access to that via OPIS but when they bought GasBuddy their prices went sky high and we cannot afford them. Waze data is not publically available either and will be incorporated into Google at some point (since they bought them).

We'd like to find a way to crowdsource the work. We could add a button like not listed and then ask "Are you currently at the station" and take a precise GPS reading so we can have a confirmation of a station. We can then ask for users to submit info of that station (brand, etc) and we'll build our database with time. Waze and GasBuddy already went through this.

InvisiBill 02-03-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

For now, if you want to track a fuel-up and the location it came from you can use the tag system.

I was confused because the missing gas station was in Google Maps already. However, it was categorized only as a convenience store, which is why it didn't show up in Fuelly. I've corrected that and the station is now an available choice. I had been tracking the station in the notes/tags of my fillups, so it's easy to update them with the correct location now.

Quote:

In an upcoming release we will be adding brand (Shell, Exxon, Esso, etc) so that might help as well. We are also going to be adding Octane, and a couple other fields related to vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 181586)
GasBuddy data is unavailable. I tried to get access to that via OPIS but when they bought GasBuddy their prices went sky high and we cannot afford them. Waze data is not publically available either and will be incorporated into Google at some point (since they bought them).

We'd like to find a way to crowdsource the work. We could add a button like not listed and then ask "Are you currently at the station" and take a precise GPS reading so we can have a confirmation of a station. We can then ask for users to submit info of that station (brand, etc) and we'll build our database with time. Waze and GasBuddy already went through this.

I appreciate you wanting to build your own database of gas stations. However:

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png

I already find it annoying that Waze is separate from GasBuddy and Google Maps, as it means double or triple the work to update a station or report a price. There is room for improvement with GasBuddy, but they've got a pretty good system set up already. If GasBuddy doesn't make an API readily available, then I guess there's not much that can be done though (I wonder if you could do something with https://m.gasbuddy.com/ if the user was already logged in). But it doesn't help the community as a whole for everyone to make their own database and fragment all the users.

https://www.mygasfeed.com/ looks to be an attempt to start a fairly open database like this. However, it's somewhat new and doesn't seem to have many users. Chicken & egg...

I'm tempted to vote for using Google's database (which users can edit) for station locations tied to your own database of station details. That would make for one central repository of stations that anyone (from a much larger user base than just Fuelly users) can edit, while still allowing you to maintain your own set of details about the station. I have only a tiny bit of programming experience, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be to maintain a linked database like that compared to the benefits of having a single source.

GasBuddy seems to be the standard for gas station info and prices, but maybe it's worth the work of creating a new one if you could give it a good API and actually make it accessible to people. Google generally seems pretty open about these sorts of things, so maybe the effort would be better spent adding gas prices and more detail (I'm sure the Waze data helps) to their existing Maps data. The problem is that you basically have to be totally open about it for it to really be successful, but being open makes it harder to exclusively benefit from it also, so companies are less likely to want to do that.

InvisiBill 06-11-2015 09:03 AM

I'm once again having issues choosing a gas station when filling up. The gas stations are still listed in Google Maps, but I don't get any listing results when trying to pick a station. I've heard people complaining about the latest update to Maps, so perhaps something changed on their end which is breaking the Fuelly functionality?