Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Switch from iOS Gas Cubby (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/switch-from-ios-gas-cubby-17386.html)

sstangle73 04-02-2015 04:27 PM

Switch from iOS Gas Cubby

Hi, when the new Galaxy S6 comes out I am (finally) making the switch from iOS to andriod. I am wondering what app I want aCar? and if there is a way to transfer the data from gas cubby into said app?

Thanks!

RobertV 04-02-2015 07:38 PM

aCar is a great app!
You can export your data to CSV and then import it into aCar (Pro).

Are you turning in your old phone? If not, hang onto it, because you'll soon be able to update Gas Cubby and move your data to Fuelly.com as well.

sstangle73 04-05-2015 11:36 AM

So when I make the export,. Will there be a new app to use? Or will fuelly integrate into a Car?. I am a bit confused about all the announcement of the mergers and new apps

RobertV 04-05-2015 05:17 PM

Depending on when you do the switch.
As of right now you'll need to manually export the data from GasCubby and then purchase the Pro version of aCar and run the import to populate your data into aCar.

If you wait (don't have an exact timeline, but maybe a month or so for GasCubby/Fuelly integration, and a few more after that for aCar/Fuelly integration), then you'll have the opportunity to sync your data to Fuelly, and then be able to view it on aCar.

sstangle73 04-05-2015 06:47 PM

Okay, so will there be a fuelly or gas buddy Android app in the future? Or as far as native apps go it's acar?

RobertV 04-05-2015 11:01 PM

aCar will be the Fuelly app for Android just like Gas Cubby is being converted to the Fuelly app for iOS.

flyingonthestrings 09-10-2015 12:52 AM

Hi.

I'm switching from my iPhone 4s to a new Android device (5.1 Lolllipop)

I there any way to switch data from Gas Cubby Free to aCar Pro?

I've got no problem buying the pro solution of aCar, but is seems useless to me buy the ad-free version of Gas Cubby when I don't need it anymore and, for what I've read here, is an abandoned project.

Thank you in advance for you response.

Daniele

RobertV 09-10-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingonthestrings (Post 185103)
Hi.

I'm switching from my iPhone 4s to a new Android device (5.1 Lolllipop)

I there any way to switch data from Gas Cubby Free to aCar Pro?

I've got no problem buying the pro solution of aCar, but is seems useless to me buy the ad-free version of Gas Cubby when I don't need it anymore and, for what I've read here, is an abandoned project.

Thank you in advance for you response.

Daniele

The sync is not yet finalized yet. Soon you'll be able to sync your data from Gas Cubby to Fuelly, and then to aCar (or vice versa).
Gas Cubby is definitely not abandoned. We'll be putting out version 3.0 in hopefully a few weeks. aCar's update will be right behind that. We're currently in alpha testing with aCar's integration with Fuelly.com.

flyingonthestrings 09-10-2015 01:54 PM

Thank you for your response.

Do you think is it possibile to leave my iPhone as it is until GC update comes and now start to inpt data into aCar anda then merge it all?

RobertV 09-10-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingonthestrings (Post 185133)
Thank you for your response.

Do you think is it possibile to leave my iPhone as it is until GC update comes and now start to inpt data into aCar anda then merge it all?

I don't see a problem in doing that at all. Or rather start entering your data into Fuelly.com and then you can sync to both apps. Up to you.