Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Which chart do you like better? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/which-chart-do-you-like-better-1759.html)

SVOboy 03-04-2006 09:45 AM

Mehbe you could make the

Mehbe you could make the chart with 0 standard for all public access and then make it an option for private view. So I'd choose the exaggerated graph, and when I looked at my garage/gaslog that's what I'd see, but everyone else would still see the standard 0 start point graph. That allows for comparisons and stuff but also personal choice.

Matt Timion 03-04-2006 09:56 AM

Re: Mehbe you could make the

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Mehbe you could make the chart with 0 standard for all public access and then make it an option for private view. So I'd choose the exaggerated graph, and when I looked at my garage/gaslog that's what I'd see, but everyone else would still see the standard 0 start point graph. That allows for comparisons and stuff but also personal choice.

This is a good alternative, however as it stands I have the two different graphs in different PHP files. I guess I COULD rewrite it so that they are both in the same file. My biggest concern is now making an update to TWO files if I ever change the graph.

More input please.

Compaq888 03-04-2006 10:16 AM

I like the new change. Where

I like the new change. Where the blue is the average fuel economy and the red is the fill ups. But can you make the blue line on top and make the red softer so it doesn't hit the eyes first. Remember we are focusing on the blue line. Bright colors like red, yellow and etc draw attention first.

Matt Timion 03-04-2006 12:55 PM

actually the blue line IS on

actually the blue line IS on top. I can make the red line a different color or even make it skinnier if that is what people want. This change, however, will take more than one person wanting it.

MetroMPG 03-04-2006 01:10 PM

and going by democratic

and going by democratic input, the starting-from-0 chart seems to be favoured. doesn't bother me if that's what you do - don't make it any more complicated than you have to.

Matt Timion 03-04-2006 01:15 PM

Re: and going by democratic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
and going by democratic input, the starting-from-0 chart seems to be favoured. doesn't bother me if that's what you do - don't make it any more complicated than you have to.

I'm thinking of putting a "zoom" button under the chart as well to show the other option, but it's still up in the air.

MetroMPG, what do you think of colors, line weight, etc?

MetroMPG 03-04-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:MetroMPG, what do you

Quote:

MetroMPG, what do you think of colors, line weight, etc?
they look OK to me. i like the broken EPA line (but you knew that already if you look at my graphs) :)

krousdb 03-04-2006 02:12 PM

I love the blue border

I love the blue border around the garage page. It really causes everything inside the border to stand out. Hmmm. My graph line is purple. Thanks for making me feel special! :-)

kickflipjr 03-04-2006 06:59 PM

I like the new look. I was

I like the new look.

I was wondering what car you have for the "no picture provided"?

a n600 or an old civic.

SVOboy 03-04-2006 07:17 PM

I think it's an n600.

I think it's an n600.