Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hello from Texas (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hello-from-texas-1775.html)

zpiloto 03-10-2006 07:08 AM

Hello from Texas

Hello all,
Been on the mileage quest since the beginning of the year. Glad to find the site, everyone knows their stuff here. I'm more of a bailing wire duct tape guy but the info on the site has been very usefull. Hopefully I'll be able to break the 40 MPG barrier on my test loop this year.

Matt Timion 03-10-2006 09:52 AM

Welcome zpiloto... please

Welcome zpiloto... please tell us more about yourself, and a little more about Casper.

MetroMPG 03-10-2006 10:51 AM

Re: Hello from Texas

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto
I'm more of a bailing wire duct tape guy but the info on the site has been very usefull.

my car is currently covered with duct tape, and i'm seeing my best mileage ever. seriously. it's no coincidence :)

but i haven't tried bailing wire yet...

krousdb 03-10-2006 12:13 PM

Re: Welcome zpiloto... please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Welcome zpiloto... please tell us more about yourself, and a little more about Casper.

Well from what I see, Casper is a dead ringer for an N600.

Matt Timion 03-10-2006 01:30 PM

Re: Welcome zpiloto... please

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Well from what I see, Casper is a dead ringer for an N600.

Yeah, most cars do aspire to be N600s. Can't blame them :)

SVOboy 03-10-2006 01:47 PM

One of my best friends is

One of my best friends is always complaining about he wants his old 626 back. When he was little his folks had this beaten up 626 that they eventually just gave away, but it was his favorite car ever. I need to drive one and see what all the talk is about, :p

zpiloto 03-10-2006 03:01 PM

626 is just a solid ride

The 626 is just a solid ride, no flash just good reliable car that will last for a long time. But it does aspire to be the n600 a classic. I'll see if I can find a picture of the white ghost and if I'm able to figure it out I'll post it in the garage.

rh77 03-11-2006 02:16 PM

Re: 626 is just a solid ride

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto
The 626 is just a solid ride, no flash just good reliable car that will last for a long time. But it does aspire to be the n600 a classic. I'll see if I can find a picture of the white ghost and if I'm able to figure it out I'll post it in the garage.

BTW, welcome. I'm glad to see more variation in the vehicles here -- aren't many Mazdas -- maybe we can use cross-learn techniques between manufacturers. But I agree the 626 is a solid, great handling, effecient sedan. No offense against the "6", but when the 626 left the lineup, we were left with the "3" (smaller), and the "6" -- much bigger and less basic.

RH77