Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Reading aCar ABP File (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/reading-acar-abp-file-17898.html)

stretch_za 06-23-2015 03:24 AM

Reading aCar ABP File

Hi

My phone has gone in for repairs and just before I backed my acar data (abp file). I am now needing to complete a monthly expense claim but unfortunately all my data is in acar. Is there a way to import the abp directly into efuely or somehow read the data that is on the abp currently

Thanks
Andrew

RobertV 06-23-2015 04:53 AM

You'll need to install aCar and run the import function to pull the data from the backup (.abp) file.

stretch_za 06-23-2015 05:32 AM

i dont have a phone to install it onto unfortunately...hence my question

RobertV 06-23-2015 05:38 AM

If you send me your backup file to: support @ fuelly.com (no spaces) and let me know exactly what you need, I'd be happy to send you the data.

stretch_za 06-23-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 184169)
If you send me your backup file to: support @ fuelly.com (no spaces) and let me know exactly what you need, I'd be happy to send you the data.

thanks very much - but I dont want to trouble you - I will make a plan and use of the other guys in the offices installations and extract what I need - I didnt want to bother them - but im sure once off they wont mind

RobertV 06-23-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch_za (Post 184170)
thanks very much - but I dont want to trouble you - I will make a plan and use of the other guys in the offices installations and extract what I need - I didnt want to bother them - but im sure once off they wont mind

Whichever is more convenient for you.

I'm here. ;)

iancware 08-23-2015 09:56 PM

Trying to restore backup

I have a Note 4 and upon doing a factory reset, lost all data (didn't really backup like it was supposed to). Anyway, I have an old abp file which was backed up prior to the factory reset, and I am attempting to restore from that file. I have moved a copy into /zonewalker-acar/, but it tells me that there are no files eligible for restore, and I may only restore from .csv files.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

RobertV 08-23-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iancware (Post 184919)
I have a Note 4 and upon doing a factory reset, lost all data (didn't really backup like it was supposed to). Anyway, I have an old abp file which was backed up prior to the factory reset, and I am attempting to restore from that file. I have moved a copy into /zonewalker-acar/, but it tells me that there are no files eligible for restore, and I may only restore from .csv files.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Sorry to hear about the data loss.
It sounds like you're attempting to "Import" a CSV file (the second half of the import/export screen). You'll want to use the "Full Restore" option at the very top of that page.

iancware 08-24-2015 04:40 AM

I don't want to do a full restore as I have new entries. I am not trying to import from a csv, Will doing the restore overwrite new entries?

RobertV 08-24-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iancware (Post 184921)
I don't want to do a full restore as I have new entries. I am not trying to import from a csv, Will doing the restore overwrite new entries?

It'll prompt you asking what you'd like to do- Purge all records, purge only records matching that vehicle, or don't purge any.
You'll want to choose the latter.