Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Fuelly Site Update (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/fuelly-site-update-17907.html)

freddie 06-30-2015 02:44 PM

Fuelly Site Update

4 Attachment(s)
Following is a list of site updates that we have made over the last few months that have been brought online today.

1. We've simplified the engines structure to fix a few issues that existed with filtering vehicles based on the engine type. You will no longer see duplicate engines in the engine filter drop down on the make/model and make/model/year pages.

Example before:
Attachment 1795

Example after:
Attachment 1796

You may still see duplicates in the form of "1.6L Diesel" and "Diesel". Engines that appear without an associated liters are what we term "Generic Engines". We have converted the existing user chosen generic engines into pre-selected engines where we could deduce that a proper match already exists. In those cases where we couldn't, the user's generic engine was untouched. We also continue to allow these generic engines to be chosen so you can choose the engine you have in the case that we don't offer your engine as a pre-selected option. We are working towards removing this ability though.

2. We have introduced car level country classification. This means, in addition to being able to specify your country in your profile, you may also specify the location of each of your vehicles. This is done by editing your vehicle, then choosing the country, state/region, and city.

3. In order to encourage comprehensive classifying of user's vehicles, we have introduced a popup that will ask you to complete the classification of your vehicle before a fuelup (after the fuelup on Fuelly Mobile). You are not required to complete this popup and can opt out by clicking the option at the bottom of the popup. We do hope you will help out by filling in the data about your vehicle. If you opt out, the popup will not display again unless you modify your vehicle from its setting page. When using Fuelly Mobile, you may not be presented with all of the options at once. Since we can only fit so much without scrolling, you may see the vehicle trim level options after one fuelup then the vehicle location options after the next fuelup.

Fuelly Web:
Attachment 1797

Fuelly Mobile:
Attachment 1798

4. We have paginated the make/model/pages. This means that, for example, when looking at the 2010 Volkswagen Jettas, you will no longer see all 900+ vehicles on one page.

Draigflag 06-30-2015 11:01 PM

That looks like a lot of work, good job guys! I hope it runs smoothly and glitch free! Narrowing down the engine choices was a concern of mine, think I mentioned before, there were about 52 engine options for the Jetta at one point. Nice work :)

B3NN3TT 07-01-2015 08:48 AM

Just checked; the EPA classification on my Fiat 500 Abarth specifies a 1.0L engine, but it's actually a 1.4. Regardless, pretty huge accomplishment, and bound to be some bugs to work out. Nice job.

https://i.imgur.com/HKfZZPI.jpg

jeffandvivian 07-02-2015 05:25 AM

Any way to make the pagination optional -- maybe a "show all" option? I enjoy doing some additional data analysis and the pagination makes that a lot harder to do. Everything else looks pretty cool.

Thanks!

tomjol 07-08-2015 11:48 AM

Just tried to add a fuel-up, desktop browser, not mobile.

Was prompted for location only. On attempting to submit, told I must fill out engine/transmission/etc. These aren't displayed, so it's impossible.

freddie 07-08-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffandvivian (Post 184262)
Any way to make the pagination optional -- maybe a "show all" option? I enjoy doing some additional data analysis and the pagination makes that a lot harder to do. Everything else looks pretty cool.

Thanks!

This is something that we can consider.

freddie 07-08-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjol (Post 184331)
Just tried to add a fuel-up, desktop browser, not mobile.

Was prompted for location only. On attempting to submit, told I must fill out engine/transmission/etc. These aren't displayed, so it's impossible.

Is this still happening for you? I tried to simulate it with your account and did not get the prompt.

tomjol 07-09-2015 04:50 AM

It's no longer popping up, but I forgot to mention that I'd pressed the "go away I don't want to tell you this" button to get rid of it :whistling: