Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Sync won't confirm (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/sync-wont-confirm-18039.html)

kahleeb 06-11-2015 05:06 PM

New Install, Can't Login for Backup

Hello,

I have an iPhone 6+ and had to setup my iPhone as new. When I go to Setup/Login and enter my email, I get the message "This email is pending confirmation." However, I have clicked on the link that was sent to me.

What can I do to get logged in so I can retrieve all of my data?

RobertV 06-11-2015 08:46 PM

Sorry you're having trouble!

Force close Gas Cubby (double tap home button and then swipe up). Then relaunch and it should recognize you've confirmed the email activation.

kahleeb 06-11-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 184035)
Sorry you're having trouble!

Force close Gas Cubby (double tap home button and then swipe up). Then relaunch and it should recognize you've confirmed the email activation.

I have tried that and it does not resolve this issue. I still get the same message.

RobertV 06-11-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahleeb (Post 184036)
I have tried that and it does not resolve this issue. I still get the same message.

That's strange. Always worked for me that way.

How about a fresh install and try again?

kahleeb 06-12-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 184037)
That's strange. Always worked for me that way.

How about a fresh install and try again?

Sadly, that did not work either.

cascaman 07-13-2015 06:30 AM

I have the same problem. Need help, please.

kahleeb 07-13-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cascaman (Post 184374)
I have the same problem. Need help, please.

Are you running iOS 9? That is where I was having issues. I downgraded back to 8 and restored from backup to get my data back.

RobertV 07-13-2015 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahleeb (Post 184375)
Are you running iOS 9? That is where I was having issues. I downgraded back to 8 and restored from backup to get my data back.

This is interesting. Thanks for the information. We'll have to do some testing with iOS 9 to see if that's breaking things.

cascaman 07-13-2015 04:22 PM

I'am using ios9 beta too...

RobertV 07-13-2015 10:07 PM

At this time we cannot say we support iOS 9.
We'll need to do more testing.
However, we hope to have v3.0 out before it officially drops to the public in September.

lukeryan 08-14-2015 08:00 AM

Sync won't confirm

I got a new device and am trying to get the syncing to work. I've sent and clicked the link in the confirmation email multiple times. I've tried deleting the app and doing it again. All I ever get is "The email is pending confirmation."

I have sent multiple support emails and never gotten a response. At one point some link had me send an email to David (the previous owner of Gas Cubby) and he is ironically the only person to respond (saying that he doesn't own the app, lol).

RobertV 08-14-2015 10:18 AM

Sorry you're having trouble.
I'm also sorry you haven't received a response from our Help Desk, although looking at the help desk now, and I do not show any tickets (open or closed) that match the email address you registered here with. You emailed "support @ fuelly. com" (without the spaces), correct?

After clicking the link in the verification email, can you force close Gas Cubby (hold home button and then swipe up/away on GC) and then relaunch it. In my experience, this now removes the "pending confirmation" message.

Let me know if you continue to have this issue.

Also; What device and iOS version are you running?

5thsteve 09-06-2015 08:21 AM

gas cubby will not sync

have new iphone and can not get to sync. keeps saying pending cofermation. app working great on my ipad and i touch, all have the same version and lates ios. all have the same email. have deleted app and reinstalled still no luck.any ideals? have gotten no reply from fuelly.

RobertV 09-06-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thsteve (Post 185053)
have new iphone and can not get to sync. keeps saying pending cofermation. app working great on my ipad and i touch, all have the same version and lates ios. all have the same email. have deleted app and reinstalled still no luck.any ideals? have gotten no reply from fuelly.

Sorry you're having trouble. I literally have the same questions as my 1st post in this thread-
I do not show any tickets (open or closed) that match the email address you registered here with. You emailed "support @ fuelly. com" (without the spaces), correct?

What device and iOS version are you running?

After clicking the link in the verification email, can you force close Gas Cubby (hold home button and then swipe up/away on GC) and then relaunch it. In my experience, this now removes the "pending confirmation" message.

Let me know if you continue to have this issue.

5thsteve 09-07-2015 06:37 PM

i am am running ios 8.4.1 on both phones. both say pending email. have never gotten email. i also have 2 i pads and 1 i touch running gas cubby they all sync fine.have both i phones match the same email as the ipads and touch. sent email off of the help page here on fuelly help.

RobertV 09-07-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thsteve (Post 185062)
i am am running ios 8.4.1 on both phones. both say pending email. have never gotten email. i also have 2 i pads and 1 i touch running gas cubby they all sync fine.have both i phones match the same email as the ipads and touch. sent email off of the help page here on fuelly help.

While it shouldn't be a problem, please double check that there isn't an extra space or two before or after the email address.

And I assume you've checked your Spam/Junk folders for the message?

jakar 09-10-2015 12:12 PM

I'm having the same problems as other people here. It's September now, and the iOS 9 GM is out. Any updates?

5thsteve 09-14-2015 11:40 AM

checked junk and spam boxes also tried looking at the host web sight of my e-mail before it hit any spam / junk blocker. also had my wife enter the email compared to her i pad still no luck,. even deleted from phone reinstalled app .have any more ideals

lukeryan 09-14-2015 02:14 PM

Thanks Robert. I emailed again early this morning and am still waiting to hear something back.

I'm running iOS 9 GM now, on an iPhone 6 with Verizon. I've force closed the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, all without success.

RobertV 09-14-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukeryan (Post 185250)
Thanks Robert. I emailed again early this morning and am still waiting to hear something back.

I'm running iOS 9 GM now, on an iPhone 6 with Verizon. I've force closed the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, all without success.

I got it... and a couple others, that I'm guessing saw this post.

We're currently swamped with the GasTracker feedback we're receiving so give me a day or two to get back to you. I'll see if our developer can double check the verification link and/or force the confirmation on our end.

gadgetto 09-18-2015 01:07 AM

Exact same problem here!
Already mailed to support(at)fully(dot)com.

Have a fresh iOS9 setup on my iPhone 6.

Greetings,
Martin

RobertV 09-18-2015 05:16 AM

Thank you to everyone who has emailed me already. I'm compiling a list so we can dig into this and send out a response to everyone as quickly as possible.

Again, we're currently overloaded with GasTracker at the moment. We're a small team here at Fuelly, so please bare with us.

mikesa 09-19-2015 04:26 PM

App won't activate

I am also having an issue with IOS9. The app worked after I upgraded to IOS9. I had do do a fresh install and setup as a new phone, now I when I try to sync it says I have no account. I received the activation email and I closed the app after confirming the account. I also deleted and downloaded a fresh copy and have the same result. :(

RobertV 09-19-2015 08:46 PM

We're aware of the problem... or as Apple would call it- a "feature".

It's how iOS9 handles API calls to SSL and non-SSL secure servers.

We can either put out a "fix" that'll just bypass that new "feature" but that'll just delay v3.0 from getting released (which doesn't have this problem).

I should receive word what our next step will be this coming week.

mikesa 09-20-2015 02:35 AM

As long as my data is still there I can wait. I was more concerned about it than anything else

Wingdinger 09-20-2015 07:10 AM

I have this exact problem too, as of yesterday. I've gotta say, as long as the V3 update is taking, some steps should be taken to ensure functionality of the existing app. Also, why is restoring the SQL file through iExplorer no longer working?

dfinberg 09-20-2015 04:09 PM

I was having the same problem. I got a notification email that I had accepted, but the app still didn't recognize the account as registered on the second device. I'd restarted, checking for spaces, closed the app, etc.

What did magically work was changing the capitalization of the email address to exactly match that used on the first device. As soon as I changed it, the device recognized that it was registered and synced. So something else people might look for.

moopenguin32 09-22-2015 12:12 PM

I too am unable to confirm syncing in Gas Cubby after restoring my iPhone 6 running iOS 9 as new. I have tried force quitting the app, reinstalling the app, and restarting the phone. When I reinstall the app, I am able to get it to send me another email to confirm. However, the app does not recognize the confirmation. If I try to resend the email at this point, I do not get another email.

I emailed support a few days ago through the website, but have not yet heard anything.

RobertV 09-22-2015 12:15 PM

We have made a few changes how the app communicates to the servers. Can any of you please try sending the email, confirming, force closing the app, and then pressing sync?
Please report back if it works, or if the same result.

For those still waiting on an email response, I was waiting for the changes to be made. I'll likely be sending a message by end of today asking you to try what I mentioned above if I do not get much feedback here.

Thanks for your patience, as always!

mikesa 09-26-2015 12:22 PM

Works on iPhone 6s

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185322)
We're aware of the problem... or as Apple would call it- a "feature".

It's how iOS9 handles API calls to SSL and non-SSL secure servers.

We can either put out a "fix" that'll just bypass that new "feature" but that'll just delay v3.0 from getting released (which doesn't have this problem).

I should receive word what our next step will be this coming week.

I bought the new iPhone 6s and restored from a a backup the previous day and lo and behold Gas Cubby works. It did not work on a fresh install go iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 but was on the iPhone 6s restored from a backup of the phone that it did not work on. :confused:

RobertV 09-26-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesa (Post 185452)
I bought the new iPhone 6s and restored from a a backup the previous day and lo and behold Gas Cubby works. It did not work on a fresh install go iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 but was on the iPhone 6s restored from a backup of the phone that it did not work on. :confused:

Any chance you have iOS v9.0.1?

Chinesealbumguy 09-27-2015 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfinberg (Post 185337)
I was having the same problem. I got a notification email that I had accepted, but the app still didn't recognize the account as registered on the second device. I'd restarted, checking for spaces, closed the app, etc.

What did magically work was changing the capitalization of the email address to exactly match that used on the first device. As soon as I changed it, the device recognized that it was registered and synced. So something else people might look for.

Created an account just to thank you for this. Yes it works for me.

Just moved to iphone 6S and could not get it to work. Same situation as yours.

Saw your post and changed the capitalization of my email first character from p to P and viola it worked !!

Thank you !!!

mikesa 09-27-2015 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185464)
Any chance you have iOS v9.0.1?

Yes I did update it to 9.0.1. and it still works. It was at 9.0 when I bought the phone and everything was restored before I Ieft Apple and so I opened the app and hit the sync button and everything came back

RobertV 09-27-2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesa (Post 185466)
Yes I did update it to 9.0.1. and it still works. It was at 9.0 when I bought the phone and everything was restored before I Ieft Apple and so I opened the app and hit the sync button and everything came back

Interesting. I was hoping Apple pulled the SSL thing (that's causing the sync problem) in 9.0.1 but I don't see any mention of it in the release notes.

We are still digging into this. Our fix last week should've fixed it for everyone, but from those I contacted, reported back it didn't resolve the issue.

RobertV 09-27-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinesealbumguy (Post 185465)
Created an account just to thank you for this. Yes it works for me.

Just moved to iphone 6S and could not get it to work. Same situation as yours.

Saw your post and changed the capitalization of my email first character from p to P and viola it worked !!

Thank you !!!

Welcome aboard and thanks for commenting that this worked for you. I'm curious if others have tried this as well?

Vyrenee 09-27-2015 04:37 PM

Having same problem

lukeryan 09-27-2015 06:09 PM

Tried it. But no luck.

lukeryan 09-27-2015 06:12 PM

Okay, so I just tried changing it back to a lowercase, when I hit send it said that I was already setup and everything started working. Weird. I had already been trying the lowercase version, so the order of things must be important here.

BoltSteve 09-28-2015 01:48 PM

I'm having this same issues with my 6s+ with 9.0.1. The iTunes restore when I purchased the new phone didn't restore Gas Cubby for whatever reason, but luckily I still have it on my old phone with is a 4s with 9.0.1. So I can sync the 4s but not the 6s+

RobertV 09-28-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltSteve (Post 185510)
I'm having this same issues with my 6s+ with 9.0.1. The iTunes restore when I purchased the new phone didn't restore Gas Cubby for whatever reason, but luckily I still have it on my old phone with is a 4s with 9.0.1. So I can sync the 4s but not the 6s+

Can you try doing what the posters above have tried? Re-typing your email address to be exactly as you have it on the other devices. May need to try changing it slightly (fUelly vs Fuelly vs fuelly, etc) and then changing it back.