Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   What's your favorite dumb driver observation? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/whats-your-favorite-dumb-driver-observation-18129.html)

ChewChewTrain 09-03-2015 12:06 AM

What's your favorite dumb driver observation?

I was cruising north on California's Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1), which, BTW, is always listed in every one of the "nicest drives in the world" news article.

The PCH is a single lane in both directions, so there are few passing opportunities. If you get stuck behind slow traffic, breathe deeply and Zen out.

Last weekend, some yahoo came up behind me and rode my rear bumper. Tired of him endangering me, if I should need to slam on my brakes, When there was no on coming traffic, I waved at him to go around me. He jumped at the opportunity, floored his gas pedal, and I could almost see raw fuel come out of his exhaust pipe.

About 5 minutes later, I caught up with him. He was now stuck behind 3 slower cars ahead.

Perhaps the lesson is that no matter how much you speed, prevailing traffic will bring you down to their slower level.

What your dumb driver observation?

rfruth 09-04-2015 09:15 AM

Jack rabbit drivers crack me up :D

Draigflag 09-04-2015 09:26 AM

Rich people who buy supercars in London. Why spend 100,000's on a fast car that will probably only average 14 MPH in the congested city streets, and burn through gallons of fuel and create unnecessary pollution, just to turn a few heads? Shallow people...

ChewChewTrain 09-04-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 185041)
Rich people who buy supercars in London. Why spend 100,000's on a fast car that will probably only average 14 MPH in the congested city streets, and burn through gallons of fuel and create unnecessary pollution, just to turn a few heads? Shallow people...

Amen to that, brother. In day-to-day freeway traffic, those cars are still in first gear.

Draigflag 09-04-2015 03:03 PM

In a way it's quite tragic. Then I go for a drive here, near empty roads, no traffic lights, miles of barron tarmac to do what you want with, and sadly most people here can't afford a nice car to enjoy them on! Irony.

Lrobby99 09-05-2015 04:19 PM

When you see the driver look up from their phone. Really don't care much for that.

Draigflag 09-05-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lrobby99 (Post 185048)
When you see the driver look up from their phone. Really don't care much for that.

Agree 100%, a friend of mine was recently involved in a fatal crash when the guy driving the van was trying to get his Bluetooth to connect. Drifted onto the other side of the road and hit another car killing the 82 year old driver. My friend broke 9 ribs, smashed her sternum 3 times, and her lungs collapsed too. She died and had to revived. She was lucky, the guy driving is facing 8 years behind bars, just for using his phone!

ChewChewTrain 09-06-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 185049)
Agree 100%, a friend of mine was recently involved in a fatal crash when the guy driving the van was trying to get his Bluetooth to connect. Drifted onto the other side of the road and hit another car killing the 82 year old driver. My friend broke 9 ribs, smashed her sternum 3 times, and her lungs collapsed too. She died and had to revived. She was lucky, the guy driving is facing 8 years behind bars, just for using his phone!

You call that lucky? Rather than experience all that physical suffering, I'd MUCH prefer facing 8 years behind bars.

ChewChewTrain 09-06-2015 05:59 AM

I have NEVER seen a purposely-built, factory designed, high performance car, such as Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, driven over the legal speed limit and weaving dangerously through other traffic on local freeways. Instead, why is it you only see huge pickup trucks, mini-vans, and highly modified crappy cars driven in a reckless manner?

rfruth 09-06-2015 10:33 AM

Just 8 years for vehicular homicide, no wonder its like bumper cars out there :mad: