Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Welcome back DaX! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/welcome-back-dax-1818.html)

Matt Timion 03-22-2006 08:49 AM

Welcome back DaX!

Hey DaX. I noticed you were MIA lately. Just wanted to say hi!

How is the car show thing going?

GasSavers_DaX 03-22-2006 08:57 AM

Haha, you caught me

Haha, you caught me lurking.

I tell you what, school has been killing me (among other things)! I have had to dedicate SO much time to my Thermo-Fluid Systems Lab that I hardly have time to catch up on here...and there are LOTS of posts I need to read.

On top of school (graduation in t-minus 19 weeks) I'm trying to negotiate a contract for employment with my current employer and/or find a better paying job, I'm getting married in August, so trying to plan that, and I'm trying to get my debt under control so I can figure out whether to buy or rent a house, then there's that - trying to work with a first time home buyer's coach! Whew, it's crazy.

The car show is in 10 days...I'm psyched. I have to make my poster and get parts from my first engine for display this weekend. My car is junky, ugly, and filthy, so I'm hoping I'll win my category. I am really going to try to have a GasSavers.org sticker on there by the car show.

I finished my tranny rebuild and will be doing my 5-speed conversion in a few weeks.

Anyhow, good to be back...even if it's temporary until this semester is over.

Compaq888 03-22-2006 05:27 PM

nothing says I love you like

nothing says I love you like a prenup.

Matt Timion 03-22-2006 05:57 PM

Re: nothing says I love you like

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
nothing says I love you like a prenup.

Wow... dunno where that came from, but I have a feeling it was rather inappropriate.

SVOboy 03-22-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:Wow... dunno where

Quote:

Wow... dunno where that came from, but I have a feeling it was rather inappropriate.
Indeed. :(

rh77 03-22-2006 06:10 PM

Yet Again...

Yet again C-888, WTF? Sheesh.

RH77

Compaq888 03-22-2006 06:30 PM

it maybe harsh but true. 60%

it maybe harsh but true. 60% in marriages end in divorce. 80% of the marriages want to divorce but can't due to reasons of single parent, child support or etc.

My grandparents of 42 years even divorced, my aunt also divoced.

Prenup sounds stupid now but you'll be happy if you get divorced in the future due to the prenup saving you.

thisisntjared 03-22-2006 06:32 PM

i thought it was 50% and

i thought it was 50% and 75%......

anyway congrats man! im getting married in august as well. the 13th :)

Compaq888 03-22-2006 06:34 PM

Re: i thought it was 50% and

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
i thought it was 50% and 75%......

anyway congrats man! im getting married in august as well. the 13th :)

times change.

SVOboy 03-22-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:it maybe harsh but

Quote:

it maybe harsh but true. 60% in marriages end in divorce. 80% of the marriages want to divorce but can't due to reasons of single parent, child support or etc.

My grandparents of 42 years even divorced, my aunt also divoced.

Prenup sounds stupid now but you'll be happy if you get divorced in the future due to the prenup saving you.
I see, but at least to me it seems disrespectful to the marriage to assume it will become a statisic or that neither of the parties really know that they are doing...