Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   10 cool facts about toyota (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/10-cool-facts-about-toyota-18239.html)

soap94 11-02-2015 06:34 AM

10 cool facts about toyota

Hi everybody. Recently i found an article about toyota's interesting facts. Hope you will enjoy reading it as i did.
P.S. It is not a spam.

1) Who’s The Greenest Of Them All? Toyota Is!
It’s official, folks. Toyota managed to outrun all the fierce rivals in the industry and is crowned as the number one Global Green Brand. Yep, the company really does care for

the environment.

Remember their campaign with the Prius in 2004, when Orlando Bloom and half of the Hollywood celebrities arrived at the Oscars in a Toyota Prius? Well, that made a very big

impact on the society, believe it or not, and since then the number of environment-friendly brands on the market has grown higher than ever.

2) The Best-Selling Brand And Nameplate
Everybody knows that the Toyota Camry and Corolla are the best-selling cars in the history. Yep, Camry, for example, has been holding that title in the United States for 13

(!) consecutive years. So, who’s gonna say now that the Americans don’t love Asian? And Toyota is very proud of their astonishing sales numbers. But they’ve got yet another

reason to be proud of themselves: according to the official statistics, Toyota Corolla has the best-selling nameplate for cars around the globe.

3) A Huge R And D Budget
Just think about this: each year Toyota spends over 9 billion dollars (that’s American, by the way) on R And D (Research And Development) towards the future concepts, ideas,

designs and all kinds of automobile technologies.

4) 0, 5 Billion Dollars On Donations
Besides all those monstrous spendings on R’n’D, Toyota is also very heavily involved in all kinds of charity, donations and fundraisings.

Here’s a number for y’all: since 1991 the company has donated more than half a billion US dollars in hard cash and grants. That’s 500 million dollars – almost 24 mil a year!

5) Truly Worldwide
You know, Pitbull (a Miami rapper) can claim that he’s “Mr. Worldwide” all he wants, but we all know that Mr. Toyoda holds the crown for that title. Since 1957 the company has

extended tremendously and is now dominant across the whole world. In +/- 50 years Toyota set up production and showrooms in more than 170 countries and regions. Fun fact: even

McDonalds doesn’t have that much restaurants worldwide!

6-7) Tons Of Patents And Awards
Right now Toyota has the record of 1K global patents, and that means they’re set to introduce a lot of new models and maybe even brands in the upcoming dates. And that’s great

– more innovation and bright ideas means more quality cars and techy features coming out way. Hail Toyota!

8-10) The King Of Hybrids, Resale, And Employments
In addition to all that greatness, Toyota also has the biggest line-up of hybrids in the globe, and in 2012 they reached their target of selling 1 million units each year –

that’s quite impressive. Toyota has sold about 75% percent of all the hybrid cars in the States.

Whole article - 10+ RELLY Cool Facts About Toyota - AWESOME news about Toyota

Draigflag 11-02-2015 08:25 AM

Interesting facts for a Toyota fan, although they've yet to make a car I actually want to own. They are obviously a huge successful company, but I find the brand itself a little uninspiring and the styling of most of thier cars a bit bland. I'm sure other manufacturers should learn about thier ethical ways though, it would help the environment.

soap94 11-02-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 185960)
Interesting facts for a Toyota fan, although they've yet to make a car I actually want to own. They are obviously a huge successful company, but I find the brand itself a little uninspiring and the styling of most of thier cars a bit bland. I'm sure other manufacturers should learn about thier ethical ways though, it would help the environment.

Totally agree. I was impressed by toyota's new "green technologies". I believe it is a future.

LDB 11-02-2015 10:00 AM

It took 58 years for me to get a Toyota, or 42 if you want to count licensed years, and I felt the same way most of the time. I liked various models through the years but not to the point of buying one. If it weren't for the solar roof option I probably wouldn't have bought one now. I'm glad I did though. I am REALLY enjoying this car, especially when I buy fuel.