Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   app mileage not correct? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/app-mileage-not-correct-18339.html)

silverI35 01-07-2016 08:40 AM

app mileage not correct?
 
Hey guys, new to the forums here. Ive had this app for a couple of years now, love it, the one and only app ive ever bought is this one lol
I had a question about the mileage I am seeing on the app vs my onboard mileage. The onboard is always a couple mpg higher than what the app is telling me. Is it because the way Ive set it up? At the moment im in Canada and the base currency in the app is usd, so rather than convert and everything, I just kept it in usd and put the amount im spending here in cad in usd in the app. I don't think that should make a difference as long as its consistent all the way. The rest I use the metric system, l/100km, gas in liters and so on but the app can convert them to whatever units you like. So im confused as to why my onboard and app mileages don't match

RobertV 01-07-2016 05:55 PM

You're using aCar?
There may be some slight variances (rounding) between aCar and Fuelly at the moment.
As soon as we finish up integration, we'll work out all the little kinks in calculations.

silverI35 01-07-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 186669)
You're using aCar?
There may be some slight variances (rounding) between aCar and Fuelly at the moment.
As soon as we finish up integration, we'll work out all the little kinks in calculations.

Yes im using aCar, not using Fuelly at all, did a few entries a year or so ago but that about it. I understand rounding but that's at most .5 at the max, not almost 2 mpg

RobertV 01-07-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverI35 (Post 186670)
Yes im using aCar, not using Fuelly at all, did a few entries a year or so ago but that about it. I understand rounding but that's at most .5 at the max, not almost 2 mpg

Sorry, I misread your previous post. I read 'onboard' as 'dashboard', what Fuelly refers to as your profile page. :whistling:

You're talking about your vehicle display, correct?

They aren't the most accurate from what I hear. I've never personally owned a vehicle with onboard stats like that, as I don't honestly see the point; given how inaccurate they really are.

silverI35 01-08-2016 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 186671)
Sorry, I misread your previous post. I read 'onboard' as 'dashboard', what Fuelly refers to as your profile page. :whistling:

You're talking about your vehicle display, correct?

They aren't the most accurate from what I hear. I've never personally owned a vehicle with onboard stats like that, as I don't honestly see the point; given how inaccurate they really are.

Yes he onboard display usually on the dash. Ive just always had a 2 mpg difference the whole time ive had the car and the app so just was never sure which one was wrong. Also, wont the size of the tank size make a difference in the calculation of mileage? I just for the sake of trying changed my tank size to about liters more and it made no difference in the mpg readings, I thought it would've changed it drastically.

RobertV 01-08-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverI35 (Post 186676)
Yes he onboard display usually on the dash. Ive just always had a 2 mpg difference the whole time ive had the car and the app so just was never sure which one was wrong. Also, wont the size of the tank size make a difference in the calculation of mileage? I just for the sake of trying changed my tank size to about liters more and it made no difference in the mpg readings, I thought it would've changed it drastically.

Tank size wont matter as long as you're filling it completely each time.
In the equation MPG= #Miles Driven/#Gallons of fuel (pumped), tank size is not a factor.

silverI35 01-12-2016 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 186677)
Tank size wont matter as long as you're filling it completely each time.
In the equation MPG= #Miles Driven/#Gallons of fuel (pumped), tank size is not a factor.

But Im not, there are times when I partially fill yet I see no change in mpg numbers when I change the tank size

RobertV 01-12-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverI35 (Post 186720)
But Im not, there are times when I partially fill yet I see no change in mpg numbers when I change the tank size

Tank size does not play a part in calculating MPG.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.