Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   First GS meet! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/first-gs-meet-1866.html)

Matt Timion 04-06-2006 04:53 AM

Re: So far we were hoping to

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Yeah, pretty old buy low miles. I'm thinking this is more important than the clutch. Does autozone sell a replacement kit for the timing belt?

I bought my timing belt on ebay a few months ago. It's been sitting in my garage ever since.

But hey, it was $20.

Oh yeah, changing timing belts is a LOT easier when the engine is out :)

budomove 04-26-2006 01:03 PM

swap meet

Hi guys, My name is Frank (New Brunswick NJ). I drive a 91 civic hatch std 4spd manual. I just yesterday put on some aero mods (cardboard wheel skirts and grill block/wheel diverters), and would like to take my mpg to the next level. I get 35 mpg w/o the aero mods, and do not yet know what I will get with these mods. I would like to do an mpfi swap and an hf tranny swap. Could I get some help on one of the two (preferably the hf tranny swap) at the meet, what do ya say? SVO? DAX? SomeBody?

SVOboy 04-26-2006 03:17 PM

I've pm'd you, but I'm def

I've pm'd you, but I'm def down for a little helping. New Brunsy eh, that ain't far. Lemme see what parts can be dug up for you.

GasSavers_DaX 04-27-2006 07:32 AM

Re: swap meet

Quote:

Originally Posted by budomove
Hi guys, My name is Frank (New Brunswick NJ). I drive a 91 civic hatch std 4spd manual. I just yesterday put on some aero mods (cardboard wheel skirts and grill block/wheel diverters), and would like to take my mpg to the next level. I get 35 mpg w/o the aero mods, and do not yet know what I will get with these mods. I would like to do an mpfi swap and an hf tranny swap. Could I get some help on one of the two (preferably the hf tranny swap) at the meet, what do ya say? SVO? DAX? SomeBody?

I'd love to help, but it will have to be at the next scheduled meet, as I can't foresee myself being able to attend one until 2007 sometime, unless it's in Atlanta. :)

diamondlarry 04-27-2006 03:02 PM

I'm going to be in

I'm going to be in Ickesburg, PA next weekend getting my head installed. Ickesburg is in the Harrisburg area. How close is this to anybody?

krousdb 04-27-2006 03:09 PM

Harrisburg is about 225

Harrisburg is about 225 miles from me, but you will pass very close to me on your way there. I would try to meet up with you but I have to go to Maryland for my nephew's confirmation.

diamondlarry 04-27-2006 03:15 PM

Re: Harrisburg is about 225

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Harrisburg is about 225 miles from me, but you will pass very close to me on your way there. I would try to meet up with you but I have to go to Maryland for my nephew's confirmation.

I'm not sure you would want t meet with me at the time I would be coming through anyway. I won't be able leave my house until 3:00pm next Friday so I won't get to Ickesburg until midnight; if I'm lucky. :-(