Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Missing Data Issues (Re-Run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/missing-data-issues-re-run-2-7-to-3-0-upgrade-18895.html)

andyrobo 09-10-2016 02:25 PM

Kitko, I don't think Robert is doubting, I believe he's just asking the user to confirm. We have had a ton of reports of issues that were actually just issues where the user didn't know how to find something. So he's just asking the user to confirm.

Larry, did you re-run the upgrade process after the app update yesterday (Friday Sept, 9, 2016)? If so, did you do so from the data on your phone or from the backup URL?

gadgetto - On Monday we will discuss your issue when the developers are back at work. We'll get back to you with more info ASAP. In the meantime please write down your logs so you can enter them later. Alternatively, you can create a new vehicle and start logging there and then just transfer them over and delete the new vehicle when we get your historic logs fixed. Once again, sorry about the issues.

dslbvr 09-10-2016 06:43 PM

Hi,

I re-ran the conversion process on v 3.0.8 and I still have a missing data problem.

It seems that all my information came over except fuel volume in this specific situation: Each entry where I did not enter fuel price, only gallons, the number of gallons is 0. Every time I entered a price AND volume, the information is there.

Unfortunately, I usually do not enter a price as I fuel from commercial card locks so I'm missing most of my information.

I hope you're able to fix many of these issues as I'm eager to use the new app. It looks great!

gadgetto 09-10-2016 10:24 PM

@fuelly team:

Wouldn't it be possible to let the users which are having massive problems switch back to the "old" GasCubby app - download their original data from the old GasCubby sync server and let re-run the migration process?

larryjjs 09-11-2016 08:01 AM

Still missing data

OK I found the VIN #'s. Makes no sense at all to me to hit edit to see the VINS though. Should be always visible under each car data. I AM STILL MISSING DATA THOUGH FOR ACURA MDX SERVICE DATA AND LEXUS GS350 SERVICE. What gives? Maybe time to just get a new app.

tansathit 09-12-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeLunch (Post 190987)
It was emailed to you when you performed the initial migration.

Hi Support team,

There is no email on the first migration on that day for me (31/Aug/2016) I have checked both of inbox and junk email folder. I have only a CSV file export from the site after migrated, which is missing one of my vehicle.

I tried to re-migration v2.7 to v3.0 and app pop-up "Missing GassCubby 2.7 Data" then I have to input the backup up URL. I don't have the v2.7 backup file but the app shown "Migrating - Do not close".

After that, all of my vehicles are gone!!

what should I do now? Can I import the CSV file into the app?

my account is "[redacted]-RobertV".

Thanks

tansathit 09-12-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tansathit (Post 191063)
Hi Support team,

There is no email on the first migration on that day for me (31/Aug/2016) I have checked both of inbox and junk email folder. I have only a CSV file export from the site after migrated, which is missing one of my vehicle.

I tried to re-migration v2.7 to v3.0 and app pop-up "Missing GassCubby 2.7 Data" then I have to input the backup up URL. I don't have the v2.7 backup file but the app shown "Migrating - Do not close".

After that, all of my vehicles are gone!!

what should I do now? Can I import the CSV file into the app?

my account is "[redacted]-RobertV".

Thanks

**UPDATE**
I found the link in another device (iphone) to get the backup URL from my email "Apps > Settings > Request GC 2.7 Recovery Data".

This link isn't shown on my iPad.

I resynced and everything worked fine.

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

andyrobo 09-12-2016 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tansathit (Post 191064)
**UPDATE**
I found the link in another device (iphone) to get the backup URL from my email "Apps > Settings > Request GC 2.7 Recovery Data".

This link isn't shown on my iPad.

I resynced and everything worked fine.

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

Great, I'm glad you are all set.

dieselsmoke1967 09-12-2016 08:56 AM

Data still missing after re-run of 2.7 to 3.0.8 upgrade

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in this thread twice, once by using the backup DB on my iPhone, the second time by pasting the recovery URL from my email, and neither time was successful. My situation is the same as it was after my initial migration from 2.7 to 3.0 - my vehicle logs are present, but the Fuel logs contain no data as far as volume of fuel pumped into the tank. The Odometer values are present, as is the date of each fuel up, notes, etc., only the gallons value is empty for all entries.

Service logs all appear to be correct.

My email address is: [redacted]-RobertV

Thank you.

RobertV 09-12-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryjjs (Post 191042)
OK I found the VIN #'s. Makes no sense at all to me to hit edit to see the VINS though. Should be always visible under each car data. I AM STILL MISSING DATA THOUGH FOR ACURA MDX SERVICE DATA AND LEXUS GS350 SERVICE. What gives? Maybe time to just get a new app.

It's similar to the previous version, where you had to tap the "i" or "Info" page of the vehicle. We just skip the "Info" page, and go straight to the Edit.
We didn't want to just have it available on the first page, since it was expressed to us via feedback that certain items, like VIN and License Plate and Insurance # should be somewhat discreet. "Hiding" them behind the Edit-level page makes them easy to obtain, while not being "out in the open" per se.

We'll need to check your specific backup file to see about the services for those 2 vehicles. Everything else migrated over properly?

larryjjs 09-12-2016 02:47 PM

Missing data

As far as i can tell everything else migrated properly. There are not a lot of service entries on those 2 vehicles as they are fairly new. Thanks