Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   A picture for dan (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/a-picture-for-dan-1890.html)

SVOboy 04-05-2006 04:47 PM

A picture for dan

https://images5.theimagehosting.com/DSC00081.604.th.JPG

I guess rick too, I told him about my beard.

The ring was from my ex, we almost made it to two years but she ended it, big **** up on her part, why I've been so negative lately, but I'll be fine and she can be sad cuz she knows how bad she screwed up and I'm not quite nice enough to be nice about it yet.

GasSavers_DaX 04-05-2006 06:02 PM

Haha, nothing like I

Haha, nothing like I expected, as usual.

SVOboy 04-05-2006 06:03 PM

Yep, I'm fat right now cuz I

Yep, I'm fat right now cuz I skipped the marathon this year, don't have my usual runner's face.

Matt Timion 04-05-2006 07:17 PM

Re: Haha, nothing like I

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
Haha, nothing like I expected, as usual.

Nothing like I expected either.

At all...

Here is one from my wedding. It's a fairly accurate representation:

https://www.timion.org/files/images/03540035.jpg

thisisntjared 04-05-2006 07:26 PM

haha i could totally see

haha i could totally see that face behind the windsheild of a crx.

i dont know why i expected you to be asian.....

Matt Timion 04-05-2006 07:33 PM

Re: haha i could totally see

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
haha i could totally see that face behind the windsheild of a crx.

probably b/c he's half Japanese :)

philmcneal 04-05-2006 10:25 PM

hm i was right about the

hm i was right about the color, but wrong about the beard.

However that stereotype about being asian does affect me however ;)

Compaq888 04-05-2006 10:55 PM

I'm a hairy kinda of guy but

I'm a hairy kinda of guy but I can't grow a beard for some reason. All I get is whiskers. It makes me look like a goat.

SVOboy 04-06-2006 12:01 AM

I wish I was asian except

I wish I was asian except for korean, I think korean guy's look goofy for the main part, and I would never be able to get a korean girlfriend if I looked so goofy. But that's just my random thought about it.

Bunger 04-06-2006 12:01 AM

Re: A picture for dan

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy

Damn bro... weight reduction... shave that 10lbs of fur from yo face. =)

Bunger 04-06-2006 12:03 AM

Re: haha i could totally see

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared

Its funny... back in the day, everyone always used to expect me to be asian... I guess cause I was heavy into Hondas and my name contained the word "Lee"...

I just told them "Nah... just asain from the waste down" =)

SVOboy 04-06-2006 12:04 AM

Quote:Damn bro... weight

Quote:

I hate falling asleep doing my homework, waking up at four, realizing I need to finish, and then reading something like that. It's really not all that heavy, I've only been growing it since mid-december (began as laziness).

Bunger 04-06-2006 12:10 AM

Re: Quote:Damn bro... weight

Quote:

Quote:

I hate falling asleep doing my homework, waking up at four, realizing I need to finish, and then reading something like that. It's really not all that heavy, I've only been growing it since mid-december (began as laziness).

Ahhh... I know from personaly experience the laziness beard... I've sported that one a few times. Right now I'm sporting the day old 5 o'clock shadow beard... but the women around the office seem to like it... so its all good.

SVOboy 04-06-2006 12:22 AM

I usually let it go out to

I usually let it go out to half and inch and then shave it back to 3-4 day stubble and call it a day, but this time I was like meh, don't feel like keeping up with my appearance.

Bunger, find a solution to the kill switch so we can keep the fuel pump primed.

Compaq888 04-06-2006 12:58 AM

I shave every 4-5 days. Not

I shave every 4-5 days. Not because I'm lazy but it grows too slow.

Damn SVOboy that thing is huge. You can probably hide some weed in there and the cops will never think to look in there.

krousdb 04-06-2006 01:14 AM

Re: A picture for dan

Quote:

The ring was from my ex, we almost made it to two years but she ended it, big **** up on her part, why I've been so negative lately, but I'll be fine and she can be sad cuz she knows how bad she screwed up and I'm not quite nice enough to be nice about it yet.

Sorry to hear about the GF. I had the same experience when I was in high school. When she dumped me it was the best thing that could have happened to me.

I'm thinking if you lose the beard it would me much easier to snag a new lady. But I guess you need some time to get over the whole thing and enjoy being unatached for awhile. Do something wild and take a road trip West with a stop in Pittsburgh.

Since it's 5AM I am too lazy to take a new picture of myself. Here is a link. I'm the one with the most hair in the white T shirt.

https://www.toyota.com/hybridsynergyview/2005/fall/marathon.html

krousdb 04-06-2006 01:18 AM

Re: Haha, nothing like I

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion

Matt, you are a lucky man. :)

But then again, so am I.

GasSavers_DaX 04-06-2006 04:08 AM

Re: I shave every 4-5 days. Not

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
Damn SVOboy that thing is huge. You can probably hide some weed in there and the cops will never think to look in there.

HAHAHA. Someone good with PS should put a little bird poking it's head out of the beard in that picture.

Bunger 04-06-2006 01:34 PM

Sorry Dan, I couldn't get

Sorry man, I couldn't get the birds to look right, so I decided to set your head on fire instead... this look should get the ladies though.

https://www.zealautowerks.com/images/firehead.jpg

GasSavers_DaX 04-06-2006 02:46 PM

Re: Sorry Dan, I couldn't get

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunger
Sorry man, I couldn't get the birds to look right, so I decided to set your head on fire instead... this look should get the ladies though.

https://www.zealautowerks.com/images/firehead.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!! It's WAYNE STATIC!!!!!

https://www.videostatic.com/photos/un...verstaticx.jpg

philmcneal 04-06-2006 03:56 PM

so true about the beard...

so true about the beard... someone should invent such a device to the market ;O although that yellowish hair reminds me when he goes super saiyan from Dragonball Z.

Here's a pic of me and my wife, we got paired up because we both believe in, "Slaving for our child."

And the child is the avatar, I hope he can get better mileage than I someday. :)

https://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9374/philme4el.jpg

krousdb 04-06-2006 04:02 PM

You have a beautiful family

You have a beautiful family Phil! A lucky man you are. I have a beautiful family too, well except for me! I swear i don't know why my wife married me.

SVOboy 04-06-2006 04:10 PM

Thanks for the hair, there,

Thanks for the hair, there, buddies. I'm sorry the birds didn't work out though. I can't decide whether or not to shave it. We'll see. I dunno. Family's seem to be a good thing, mehbe I'll do that when I am old people like ya'll.

Matt Timion 04-06-2006 04:14 PM

Re: You have a beautiful family

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
You have a beautiful family Phil! A lucky man you are. I have a beautiful family too, well except for me! I swear i don't know why my wife married me.

Agreed. Phil, mind if I ask what you (and your wife's) heritage is? I'm trying to place it and I can't exactly. I'm sure your screen name doesn't help...

McNeal... are you Irish? LOL

SVOboy 04-06-2006 04:17 PM

I have a guess but for the

I have a guess but for the sake of hiding my racism I won't say it though. I like to think I have a good idea of what's what rather then the big label of "asian," but I only know precious few so it's hard to say. Hopefully when I am in japan this summer I will learn better, :p

Matt Timion 04-06-2006 04:28 PM

Re: I have a guess but for the

Quote:

I have a guess but for the sake of hiding my racism I won't say it though. I like to think I have a good idea of what's what rather then the big label of "asian," but I only know precious few so it's hard to say. Hopefully when I am in japan this summer I will learn better, :p

Spending a few years in Asia actually helped me figure out the different types of Asians, as did living in Southern California.

I still say he's Irish.

GasSavers_Diemaster 04-06-2006 04:58 PM

well i wasent going to do

well i wasent going to do this but here i am.

https://jcords1.photosite.com/~photos...2757844000.jpg

krousdb 04-06-2006 05:05 PM

Cool Pup! What kind?

Cool Pup! What kind?

Compaq888 04-06-2006 06:44 PM

I'm the only one that hasn't

I'm the only one that hasn't posted anything, and I don't plan to. :)

GasSavers_Diemaster 04-06-2006 07:17 PM

her daddy was a husky and

her daddy was a husky and her mom was an ikeda. she's fully grown and very smart. :)

Quote:

aww come on. we wana see mr. grumpy pants :P

Compaq888 04-06-2006 07:32 PM

Re: her daddy was a husky and

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemaster
her daddy was a husky and her mom was an ikeda. she's fully grown and very smart. :)

Quote:

aww come on. we wana see mr. grumpy pants :P

Just picture ugly 120lb 14 year old looking kid. Or the young version of mister burns except broke.

philmcneal 04-07-2006 11:48 AM

lol omg you guys if you want

lol omg you guys if you want to know the truth i ripped "mcneal" from the show "Ally Mcbeal" (hey this is when the internet wasn't popular yet) and twist the letters to make it sound more masculine hehe. Everything thinks its "Philmcneal" from Newsradio but I never heard that show so people think I was nuts for making up the name like that. Irish eh... intersting! I never knew I had the look ;)

I"m surrounded by racial slurs all the time, trust me I've heard the worse that people can hear, killing others if they ever heard it for themselfs.... but no sense killing over words.

I'm the whitewashed Vietnamese born in Canada, my wife is also the same but she's more true to her hertiage roots (born over there). Although funny I can read and write the language, and she can only speak... I guess that pairs us up very well hehe.

Hm Dan, my girl went for me too, she was too good to pass up :O

Hey Compaq just to let you know if you think true beauty lies in what you see, then buddy you've been decieved big time. If you can get over the fact what people see in what you look, oh man you'll soar into new heights never imagined. If you can show us a pic of you smiling or what not I think that awesome in my books so don't be shy we are your fuel economy pals!

The last time I cared about my public appearnce was either a) my wife asked me to or it was a special occasion for her b) or a job interview other than that I wear what is COMFORTABLE and never how I look. I don't give a flying rats butt if the colors don't match, or I'm in my pajamas as long as I'm pleasing myself nothing else matters. People try to hard to impress others as its hard enough already to impress yourself.

Its not about what you see, its how you deal with it and I hope this will enlighten you somehow Compaq.

Thanks for the kind comments about me being lucky, you have no idea how many people have said that to me. I sure don't feel it though, I guess you can't see all with just what you see these days ;)

Matt Timion 04-07-2006 12:11 PM

Re: lol omg you guys if you want

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmcneal
lol omg you guys if you want to know the truth i ripped "mcneal" from the show "Ally Mcbeal" (hey this is when the internet wasn't popular yet) and twist the letters to make it sound more masculine hehe. Everything thinks its "Philmcneal" from Newsradio but I never heard that show so people think I was nuts for making up the name like that. Irish eh... intersting! I never knew I had the look ;)

I"m surrounded by racial slurs all the time, trust me I've heard the worse that people can hear, killing others if they ever heard it for themselfs.... but no sense killing over words.

I'm the whitewashed Vietnamese born in Canada, my wife is also the same but she's more true to her hertiage roots (born over there). Although funny I can read and write the language, and she can only speak... I guess that pairs us up very well hehe.

Hm Dan, my girl went for me too, she was too good to pass up :O

Hey Compaq just to let you know if you think true beauty lies in what you see, then buddy you've been decieved big time. If you can get over the fact what people see in what you look, oh man you'll soar into new heights never imagined. If you can show us a pic of you smiling or what not I think that awesome in my books so don't be shy we are your fuel economy pals!

The last time I cared about my public appearnce was either a) my wife asked me to or it was a special occasion for her b) or a job interview other than that I wear what is COMFORTABLE and never how I look. I don't give a flying rats butt if the colors don't match, or I'm in my pajamas as long as I'm pleasing myself nothing else matters. People try to hard to impress others as its hard enough already to impress yourself.

Its not about what you see, its how you deal with it and I hope this will enlighten you somehow Compaq.

Thanks for the kind comments about me being lucky, you have no idea how many people have said that to me. I sure don't feel it though, I guess you can't see all with just what you see these days ;)

Dude, you're more than okay in my book.

I live on the "West side" of Salt Lake City, which puts us as one of the only white straight couples in the area...

we wouldn't have it any other way. We considered living on the "East Side" of Salt Lake City, but both agreed we'd end up going crazy living with a bunch of white mormon families. UGH!

Anyway... screw the exterior crap. I used to have a super low self esteem, a lot of it was tied to a scar I have on my chin. The scar used to be a lot bigger, and purple. I obtained in in a bicycle accident when I was 16. I was convinced that this coupled with fake teeth I have as a result of the same accident made me ugly. Looking back it doesn't make much sense, but it made a lot of sense to a 16 year old.

Anyway, years later I realized that no one really cares about that. We're our worst critics.

Self-confidence comes in doing what you love and not caring what other people think about it.

Just be yourself and don't apologize for who you are.

diamondlarry 04-07-2006 12:19 PM

philmcneal, I just wanted to

philmcneal, I just wanted to say that I think you're lucky too. But, from the sound of your reply, I think there's quite a bit more than luck involved. A positive and upbeat self image like yours can make all the difference in the world. You sound a lot like me. I learned awhile back that in most cases people are not paying as much attention to you as what you think. As for racial slurs, I know what you're talking about. My father had a deragatory(sp?) nickname for all nationalities. Even as a kid it got old real fast.
Compaq888, just keep in mind that your body is not you. The real you is on the inside.

Compaq888 04-07-2006 01:20 PM

800 ? 800: true);"

https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...b785f4e305.jpg

https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...76966a98f1.jpg

What can I say, it's easy talking to a chick when you're drunk.

kickflipjr 04-07-2006 02:12 PM

ok, here is my picture. just

ok, here is my picture. just taken 10 minutes ago.

https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...83902de9d4.jpg

SVOboy 04-07-2006 02:21 PM

I'm too tired to comment. I

I'm too tired to comment. I was guessing vietnamese but it was like a 20% shot in the dark, :p, like guessing I'm welsh because my fingers are short and fat...:)

Anyway, kickflipjr, you're crazy, you belong in amherst or some silly college like that, :p

philmcneal 04-07-2006 02:51 PM

these posts bring tears to

these posts bring tears to my eyes... no really ;)

But if it wasn't family and friends I'd be elsewhere begging for cash or still hooked on a minimum wage job with nowhere to be. I think of now of giving back in anyway I can and I guess I can start with my son and those whom I interact with.

Live on for better achivements, I'm all about proving people wrong hehe and its awesome to see the look on people's faces when I'm right. And if I'm wrong well laugh about it and never make the same mistake again hopefully lol.

SVOboy 04-07-2006 03:06 PM

Why do I have the be the

Why do I have the be the only one that looks like a wild animal?

philmcneal 04-07-2006 03:09 PM

cuz those are your memories

cuz those are your memories about your previous relationship? Maybe when you decide to shave is when your ready to let go and start again.

edit: ok now that i think of it, one of those chicks compaq, i've seen her in my school before. Indeed all asians look alike I'm a believer now!