Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Another reason my car sucks sometimes (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/another-reason-my-car-sucks-sometimes-1896.html)

SVOboy 04-07-2006 02:23 PM

Another reason my car sucks sometimes

Sometimes when I do engine off coasting the engine will randomly come back alive. It's happened twice so far.

Today I was paying attention to getting stopped and being happy cuz I went like .5 miles and two minutes, then when I go to restart the damn thing is on already!!! I dunno what happened, just raging about it I guess.

I think it might be some ****ty wiring on my push start but I dunno for sure.

Compaq888 04-07-2006 02:25 PM

coasting is only meant for

coasting is only meant for manuals.

SVOboy 04-07-2006 02:33 PM

If I kill the transmission

If I kill the transmission then it's dead. I don't care. I'm going to throw it in the trash soon enough anyway.

Compaq888 04-07-2006 02:53 PM

I know that. But you don't

I know that. But you don't want to kill it in the middle of the street. Towing is expensive.

SVOboy 04-07-2006 03:07 PM

I don't have much room to

I don't have much room to coast except for this one spot near my house, I need a good workout anyway, :p

krousdb 04-07-2006 03:09 PM

What happens to me sometimes

What happens to me sometimes is that I key off and then on too soon and the engine hasn't completely stopped. It pops back on. Sometimes I dont realize it. My guess is that is what happened to you.

SVOboy 04-07-2006 03:13 PM

I thought about that but

I thought about that but this time I thought I paid attention, mehbe not, the music was a playing and ****. :p

thisisntjared 04-07-2006 03:30 PM

unless you have aaa. i

unless you have aaa. i wouldnt do it but thats just cus i dont care enough. doesnt hurt too much, just as long as its nothing violent.

SVOboy 04-07-2006 03:33 PM

I don't plan on letting it

I don't plan on letting it die. Hopefully you can come help when it's convient rather then when "MY CAR IS ****ING DEAD AND I NEED HELP NOWWWWW!!!!"

GasSavers_DaX 04-09-2006 11:57 AM

I vote for a series of

I vote for a series of N-bombs.

SVOboy 04-09-2006 12:01 PM

I prolly will. I will

I prolly will. I will strictly plan the day of the swap, then when everything comes together to do it, pull out into the street and destroy the tranny.

GasSavers_DaX 04-09-2006 12:01 PM

Re: I prolly will. I will

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
I prolly will. I will strictly plan the day of the swap, then when everything comes together to do it, pull out into the street and destroy the tranny.

Exactly what I plan on doing.

SVOboy 04-09-2006 12:03 PM

I might have jared come up

I might have jared come up and help me do it when I get a clutch since he lives so close, but I dunno, still looking for an internship in a shop, which would be ideal.

GasSavers_DaX 04-09-2006 12:05 PM

Re: I might have jared come up

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
I might have jared come up and help me do it when I get a clutch since he lives so close, but I dunno, still looking for an internship in a shop, which would be ideal.

*pfft* come to GA - there are TONS of shops looking for help around here. They hound me to come work for them now that they know I can work on cars.

SVOboy 04-09-2006 12:07 PM

It's only a month long deal,

It's only a month long deal, :p

And it has to be 50 miles from my school, so I dunno, I'll have to get out a map.