Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   speculate: Will a fixed IACV help gas mileage? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/speculate-will-a-fixed-iacv-help-gas-mileage-1897.html)

SVOboy 04-07-2006 02:27 PM

speculate: Will a fixed IACV help gas mileage?

Yes, I killed this post just like I killed the last one.

Long story short: I've have my IACV unplugged because it's stuck open. Jared sent me a free one. I will replace it and hope for a solution. Think that I will get some better mileage with it fixed? I dunno about idle air fuel mixing!

PS: Thanks jared, time to wiki iacv!

thisisntjared 04-07-2006 03:20 PM

never a problem! i would

never a problem!

i would think it would help your mpg to replace it, useless revving definitely wastes gas, but as far as unplugging it... i dont know if that throws your car into limp mode. i know the iacv has a wire in common with many other sensors and the injectors.... maybe it messes with the voltages? who knows. either way your best of without the bad idle and without the cel.

Flatland2D 04-08-2006 07:35 AM

Are you getting the bouncing

Are you getting the bouncing idle problem?

I don't really think you'll be seeing much difference in MPG. Like the idle screw, such a small amount of air passes through it that once the throttle plate cracks open, it's effect is reduced to almost nothing. You will idle a little smoother, but since MPG while stationary is already zero, that's not an improvement!

I had a bad IACV a while ago. Just took it off and sprayed the crap out of it with throttle body cleaner. Seems to be working fine now, nice and steady idle.

SVOboy 04-08-2006 09:03 AM

Yes, it bounces,

Yes, it bounces, unfortunately, cleaning did not work.

I have a feeling it'll do something to fix it because the air fuel mix isn't being metered properly and it runs ****tily at times, suggesting isn't not burning like it ought to.

SVOboy 04-08-2006 02:52 PM

The IACV problem still

The IACV problem still exists, even after swapping it. Next plan is to go ahead and wire it directly from the ecu to the iacv, outside of the car and all, and see if it works. Otherwise I'll just have to chalk it up to I don't have a clueville. I really want it fixed though.

GasSavers_DaX 04-09-2006 11:43 AM

Check the FITV as well. My

Check the FITV as well. My bouncing idle problem was due to this. I had to take the cover off the FITV and screw the inside guts back together (it had just vibrated apart).

SVOboy 04-09-2006 11:47 AM

I have no FITV. Turned out

I have no FITV. Turned out to be a completely busted PCV valve, it was basically an empty tube, :p

GasSavers_DaX 04-09-2006 11:48 AM

Excellent...Yeah I got rid

Excellent...Yeah I got rid of my FITV on my turbo B18B. It doesn't even help that much.

SVOboy 04-09-2006 11:49 AM

Haha, the CX and VX intake

Haha, the CX and VX intake manifolds never even came with them. :)