Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   1989 CRX HF - Portland, OR $500 (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/1989-crx-hf-portland-or-500-a-19007.html)

PuddleSkipper 10-31-2016 07:19 AM

1989 CRX HF - Portland, OR $500

I have a project car. I have converted it from the troublesome motor operated climate control to the civic operated climate control. I have also converted most of the interior to black. It has rear disc brakes. It has the factory lightweight HF bucket seats. If it doesn't have them on it I have Civic EX knuckles/calipers I think you might have to get the rotors though, they are the big 10.3" rotors. I also may have the Civic EX 15/16 master cylinder, but I'll have to look. It also has the fat EX front sway bar on it. This car is currently missing a motor and tranny and it needs to be replaced. I was building this car as an high gas mileage car. I have probably 95% of the parts you would need to do this. My intention was to swap in a Vtec D15Z1 mated to a 1988 HF only tranny. The 1988 HF has the highest final drive for the lowest RPM. The engine(It's in pieces) I have for it has a reground crank, a bored block with new pistons, and the rods have been resized and fitted with ARP rods because I had intended on using the adapter plate on the exhaust manifold and running the EVO 8 twin scroll turbo with a Hondata ECU. This would have maintained mpgs and bumped up the horsepower. I've seen cars built with about 155 hp and still getting 54 mpg. It does NOT come with the turbo, adapter plate, or Hondata ecu because I do not have it. I can point where you can buy both on ebay though. I also have a head, intake, ECU and what ever else you may need. If the car is non turbo'ed it should get at the very least 54 mpg's in town and 43 in the city, however, with the lower final drive it will probably get over 60 mpg's. So this does need to be put together. It also needs a front bumper cover, it has a dent that needs popped out in the hood and the fender, it also has a little rust that needs taken care of. This is the lightest weight CRX they made. This swap will take wiring changes, if you need someone to do this, I've already swapped in a D15Z1 into and 1989 civic sedan and it has no codes, so I can do this for you but will need to be paid. Advise is free though, and I can print you out all the wire diagrams I used on my sedan. Also if you wanted to know how I did something, just ask, the 89 civic sedan has the same engine bay and except for the body are essentially the same. When I wired my sedan I did it so that it basically looked stock. I will try to put up pics but it may be sold before I get that far. If interested call or text Jeremiah, I don't check this website too often. five o three four5nine six1zerozero. Price is $500 because I want a like minded person to finish what I started. Thanks for looking