Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Car Reviews (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   I chose the CR-V (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f30/i-chose-the-cr-v-19055.html)

LDB 12-31-2016 02:50 PM

I chose the CR-V

This morning I picked up a new 2016 CR-V EX with 16 miles on it. It's Mountain Air Metallic with a beige interior. Honda no longer provides owner's manuals with the vehicles. The first owner can request them at no charge, provided they do so within 6 months of purchase. After 6 months they cost a small fortune.

Compared to the Prius the ride is similar but it is noticeably quieter and is a gas GUZZLER. :D

The driver's seat is more comfortable but does not move back as far. The steering wheel is fatter and more comfortable. I miss the XM radio a little bit but will think about getting an in car portable unit.

I'm looking forward to the manuals arriving in 6 very long weeks to get detailed information on it.

Draigflag 01-01-2017 02:51 AM

Congratulations on the new car, Im sure it will prove a comfortable, reliable choice. I hear they don't have a diesel option there, which I guess is not an issue as you don't do many miles, but the 1.6 DTEC is a super efficient choice and managed 62.77 UK MPG in the mpg marathon this year.

Get some pics up :)

LDB 01-01-2017 05:57 AM

No, if Honda has ever offered a diesel I don't recall it. I'd have considered it unless there was a very large price difference. I don't drive a lot but I liked seeing high mpg numbers. I'm debating whether I'll track mpg now or just buy gas when I need it and remain blissfully ignorant. When the weather cooperates I'll go get photos. It's too gray and rainy now. I've also got to figure out the whole signature thing again. As my friend Pooh would say, Bother.

Draigflag 01-01-2017 08:04 AM

Yea I hear you. There's more to life than squeezing every mile you can from every last drop of juice, I miss the 700-800 mile range of my old car already, but honestly couldn't care as the way my new car drives is so worth it. Plus I figured the huge shift in the auto industry, the way things are going, this could be my last direct fossil fueled car, we'll see in few years.

I'd still keep a record anyway as it takes little effort, and will help others researching mpg numbers.

trollbait 01-03-2017 05:45 AM

Doesn't Honda host the owner manual PDF on their site?

I know the Honda diesels get raves over at CleanMPG.com, but we don't get one in the US. The closest was an Accord diesel to replace the first gen hybrid. This was early in the era of tighter diesel emissions here, and consumers were leery of SCR and the required adding of DEF at the time.

So Honda decided to try going the non-SCR path. They gave when they couldn't get the performance and fuel economy they wanted. The US Accord diesel was an early victim of VW's cheating.

LDB 01-03-2017 06:07 AM

Yes, I downloaded the PDF but it's not too user friendly. I need to be able to see the entire explanation across the 2-3 pages without having to scroll back and forth. I'm going today to pick up the "quick start" manual that's only about 147 pages long. It somehow got left on the desk when we picked up the car.

rfruth 01-03-2017 09:56 AM

What a way to ring in the new year, a new CR-V ! (i'm considering the HR-V, Buick Encore and the Ford Escape):whistling:

LDB 01-03-2017 04:58 PM

Well, my wild guess the other day was pretty good. It's actually 153 pages. Yes, it's quite a start to the new year.