Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Gas Prices Up again (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/gas-prices-up-again-1913.html)

Matt Timion 04-22-2006 05:28 PM

Re: This gas price situation is

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
This gas price situation is quite unfortunate for me. The more gas prices go up, the less money I have to put into my EV.

The irony just kills me.

I had to laugh out loud at this :)

The Toecutter 04-22-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:I just heard from a

Quote:

I just heard from a friend that says that if we used 20% less in the USA we would force the price back down to less than $2 in about a week or two. The crude is coming in as fast as they refine it and put out the gasoline - we stop buying as much and the stuff has to go somewhere and ends up in the reserve tanks until they get full then they lower the price to sell more and we WIN! Supply and Demand!
And that is why the oil companies don't want alternatives to take hold.

With America's cars accounting for 40% of the national oil consumption for their fuel alone, the oil industry wouldn't make near the profits they do now if people were driving around in EVs and 60+ mpg aerodynamic full size high performance luxury cars.

Realistically, with today's technology, we could probably cut oil use by 75% without compromising living standards. But the oil industry just won't have it, niether will big government, and niether will the auto industry. Too much money to be made, despite all the environmental damage, despite the declining discretionary income from increasing driving costs, despite the health affects of pollution, despite the oil wars, despite terrorism in relation to oil politics, despite declining natural resources... it's about money.

Looks like the rest of us will have to face the consequences of oil gluttony while the fat cats get to reap in the profits, hardly sharing a dime.

Compaq888 04-22-2006 07:27 PM

I'm actually enjoying this.

I'm actually enjoying this. I hope the gas prices keep going up. At the same time my wallet is screaming.

I'm just going to fill up 3-5 gallons next time. That way when gas prices go down I can start filling up full tank again.

I got about 100-120miles of gas left, I hope I can make it last till May

Compaq888 04-23-2006 03:22 AM

gas at my 2 stations where I

gas at my 2 stations where I fuel up is $2.99 and $3.01
It's getting too expensive for me to drive. I better only drive to school and other essential places only.

Haven't filled up yet, just looked at gas prices online.

JanGeo 04-23-2006 03:39 AM

gas up

Keep the tank full as prices go up - keep the tank empty as prices are dropping - this way you save the most money - for at least 1 tank of fuel. I will probably top off the tank today although I am only half empty because if I wait another week gas will have gone up more. Wish I vould stock pile a few tanks someplace.

kickflipjr 04-23-2006 04:17 PM

I have noticed people

I have noticed people driving slower? I have had to pass people from time to time now.

krousdb 04-23-2006 04:19 PM

Yes, I made that comment to

Yes, I made that comment to my wife today. I passed an Aveo on the highway today. It was going 10 under the speed limit.

Compaq888 04-23-2006 04:24 PM

Re: I have noticed people

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr
I have noticed people driving slower? I have had to pass people from time to time now.

OMG ROFLMAO. I was with my cousin and there were several people on the freeway driving below the speed limit. One case was a new civic(2004-2005) driving 40mph on the freeway. My cousin said, "he has a civic, he's already saving fuel". When we passed the guy he was determined. Damn talk about fuel economy freak. Even I drive 65mph on the freeway, I would never have the balls to drive 40mph.

krousdb 04-23-2006 04:29 PM

Im thinking, this is a good

Im thinking, this is a good thing. I noticed the same thing after Katrina hit. Im hoping that this summer will lead to slower driving and fewer hummers practicing proctology. :)

SVOboy 04-23-2006 04:39 PM

I have noticed more people

I have noticed more people tagging on my *** on the freeway when I'm doing 55, and besides that everyone else ain't going too fast.

A few days ago I got behind an ice cream truck doing 45, :p