Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Gas Prices Up again (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/gas-prices-up-again-1913.html)

basjoos 04-23-2006 05:22 PM

Higher gas prices hasn't

Higher gas prices hasn't reduced the speed of traffic on I-95 in SC and GA. I was travelling along at 75mph and was still being passed by 98% of the traffic. But once on I-26 in SC, I did encounter occasional traffic going at or slightly below the 70mph speed limit.

Matt Timion 04-23-2006 06:21 PM

Re: Im thinking, this is a good

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Im hoping that this summer will lead to slower driving and fewer hummers practicing proctology. :)

LOL!

I seriously wonder if people realize that driving faster will yield better gas mileage. I'm sure most people think, "if I get there faster I'll use less gas..."

Compaq888 04-23-2006 08:59 PM

the more the gas prices rise

the more the gas prices rise the more I'll get behind trucks.

Bunger 04-24-2006 01:30 AM

I haven't noticed any

I haven't noticed any difference in highway speeds around here, I get passed fairly quickly even when I'm doing 70-75. Just the other day I got passed by a H2, I figure he was probably doing about 90-95, 2 minutes later a CHP passed me going about 105... I then saw the 2 of them together about 10 miles up, pulled over on the side of the road. That's gunna be an expensive trip for the guy in the H2.

Compaq888 04-24-2006 02:04 AM

If he can afford the H2 he

If he can afford the H2 he can afford the gas prices and the ticket.

I'm starting to notice a trend. The more expensive the car the more the cocky/selffish the driver. Thank god my parents weren't rich, other wise I'd be one of those flaming homo looking guys with my starbucks coffee with hazel nuts, whipped cream and my pink straw driving in a BMW or an expensive luxury car. Sorry the proper term is metrosexuals, for those who got offended.

SVOboy 04-24-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:Sorry the proper term

Quote:

Sorry the proper term is metrosexuals, for those who got offended.
Is it really? I think you miss the point.

Matt Timion 04-24-2006 08:57 AM

Re: If he can afford the H2 he

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
If he can afford the H2 he can afford the gas prices and the ticket.

I'm starting to notice a trend. The more expensive the car the more the cocky/selffish the driver. Thank god my parents weren't rich, other wise I'd be one of those flaming homo looking guys with my starbucks coffee with hazel nuts, whipped cream and my pink straw driving in a BMW or an expensive luxury car. Sorry the proper term is metrosexuals, for those who got offended.

I for one have no idea what drinking starbucks coffee out of a pink straw or driving a BMW have to do with gas prices going up. I really don't know what looking "homo" (or exactly how a person looks "homo") has to do with gas prices going up.

If you hate a group of people that's your choice Compaq, but I'd ask that you keep your hatred to yourself when posting on this forum. You managed to make broad generalizations about a number of groups in that statement, which is more than offensive.

Bunger 04-24-2006 09:48 AM

Re: If he can afford the H2 he

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
I'm starting to notice a trend. my parents, those flaming homo looking guys with nuts, whipped cream and pink BMW, got offended.

Sorry I couldn't resist... I only used the delete key =) You wrote the words. =)

But seriously, lets be careful with what we say... I happen to like hazel nuts and BMW's... dunno about pink ones though. =)

JanGeo 04-24-2006 02:24 PM

BMW

My BMW is smoke red and I don't do coffee.

SVOboy 04-24-2006 04:06 PM

I hate starbucks but I like

I hate starbucks but I like pink straws, :p