Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   aCar for Android 5.0 beta talk (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/acar-for-android-5-0-beta-talk-19175.html)

Ryanh85 06-26-2017 07:20 AM

Are there any spaces left in beta? would love to help make aCar better, been using aCar for 6 years.

If not I can't wait till public release.

huskerluke13 07-09-2017 06:43 AM

Any spots still open? Would love to try out the syncing with tracking multiple vehicles!

AndrewB_63 07-14-2017 04:04 AM

Mine just stopped need help please

EMY92 07-14-2017 04:25 AM

What type phone are you using? Did you get a security update?

Pontiac 08-17-2017 06:06 AM

Just got the notification about the beta, and just installed it in my in-car Android stereo head unit.

One stickler at start up is that I'd been using aCar to also keep track of house hold things that need regular attention, such as my changing the filter in my home HVAC system, and such. The app wouldn't let me go past getting the house hold stuff registered on the site, so I had no choice but to delete the House Hold notifications. (No biggie. I'll just use aCar on my phone instead of my cars HU, and I won't sync on my phone)

I'd recommend maybe that going forward, the requirement is to have at least one vehicle to sync, not all entries entered.

EMY92 08-17-2017 06:29 AM

There are Gas Cubby users that do the same thing with things around the house.

They do a "custom vehicle" to make it work, you should be able to do the same in aCar.

ajbarth 08-20-2017 07:03 AM

vehicle dropdown info

Only had beta pro for a few days and focusing on data sync. Would like to see some better indications of vehicle status/classification in dropdown list, perhaps provide method to allow user to change icon color. I might like deactivated vehicles to be shown in blue but someone else might like red. I have 3 classes of vehicles so far: active, active-shared, deactivated.

And the icon for motorcycles should not be a car :)

I can't figure out what the Browse Recs icon is.

Overall, great effort, love the sync feature.

ajbarth 08-20-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbarth (Post 195873)
Only had beta pro for a few days and focusing on data sync. Would like to see some better indications of vehicle status/classification in dropdown list, perhaps provide method to allow user to change icon color. I might like deactivated vehicles to be shown in blue but someone else might like red. I have 3 classes of vehicles so far: active, active-shared, deactivated.

And the icon for motorcycles should not be a car :)

I can't figure out what the Browse Recs icon is.

Overall, great effort, love the sync feature.

Meant to say 'retired' not 'de-activated'

EMY92 08-24-2017 04:13 AM

The Browse Recs is the Globe Icon, same location as in 4.8.

De-activate and retire are the same.