Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News, Articles and Products (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Faraday Future in Trouble (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f16/faraday-future-in-trouble-19292.html)

luv2spd 03-27-2017 12:26 PM

Faraday Future in Trouble

**** Finally Gets Real For Faraday Future

Read: Faraway Future

0-60 months with $2.4 billion wasted

I'm thinking about cancelling my $100,000 Faraday Future reservation and buy an Elio instead for all my friends.

Draigflag 03-27-2017 01:41 PM

They've been in trouble for a while, but then again, Tesla are yet to make a profit despite billions invested privately and by the government/department of energy.

I'd be more inclined to go for the Lucid Air, it looks better to me, the company seems more credible and apparently it's only going to be about $60,000 which for a "first attempt" at a revolutionary high performance premium car is pretty reasonable.

trollbait 03-28-2017 05:33 AM

20 to 30 percent of every Tesla sold is profit.

Financial reporters like to make hay on the company not being profitable by not counting Tesla's investments into things like the Supercharger network and Gigafactory as things of value.

Tesla the company hasn't shown a profit because all the money they make from every S and X sold goes straight back into capital investment designing the next models and building a huge battery factory to cut their production costs further.

luv2spd 03-28-2017 02:31 PM

I think Tesla has past that road block that might have bankrupted the company. Now that the Tesla 3 is underway and the battery plant is being finished, it should be smoother sailing from now on.

Having said the above, I read an article that the average person that put down a deposit on the Model 3 cannot afford a car like that. If these people can barely afford the car payments, then where are they going to get the money to install a $2,500 electric car charger in their garage? What if their car breaks down? I heard stories that some Teslas wait 4-6 months in shops waiting for parts to be serviced. I guess time will tell. I don't want to sound like a pessimist, I just hope nobody gets screwed by buying their first Tesla.

Draigflag 03-28-2017 11:06 PM

A lot of people cancelled their orders and got their deposit back after Musk got friendly with Trump (and who can blame them) but given Tesla's previous record, I would wait a year or two for all the reliability issues to arise and be dealt with accordingly, there are always teething problems.

Is that how much a Tesla home charger costs? If you buy a Zoe here, the home charger is included in the price, for others a £500 grant is available.

trollbait 03-29-2017 05:01 AM

Unlike the others, the portable EVSE that comes with a Tesla is a level 2. The owner might need to install a higher amperage outlet, but they don't need to get the pretty looking wall unit for the fastest charging at home.