Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   greetings to me and my Nerd-mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/greetings-to-me-and-my-nerd-mobile-1934.html)

jpciii 04-11-2006 09:23 PM

greetings to me and my Nerd-mobile

Hi everyone. I recently bought a 1989 Honda Civic Wagon. It is the base model "Wagovan", 1.5L 5-spd, and is pretty lightweight for a wagon... about 2,200 lbs. It was a California car, so the body is in nice condition. Mechanically, it needs a few things. I plan on keeping it mostly stock for now. Once I get the bugs worked out and proper maintenance done, I'll start a fuel log and attempt to better the car's fuel efficiency.
<!--break-->
My other cars are a heavily modded 1991 Civic hatchback(fast and fun) and the wife's 2005 Jeep Liberty. The plan is for her to keep the Liberty(19mpg) in the driveway and to drive the wagon a few days a week. She is excited to start driving "Puddin" around.

see ya in the forums,
John

Compaq888 04-11-2006 09:29 PM

welcome, dang everybody is

welcome, dang everybody is getting this car.

Matt Timion 04-11-2006 09:47 PM

I'm jealous! My wife almost

I'm jealous! My wife almost bought an older wagovan (85 actually) but didn't because it needed some work. In hindsight I should have purchased it because it was only $200!!

Anyway, these civic wagons are awesome. You'll find lots of civic knowledge among a few of the posters yere.

Just curious, is the civic wagon four wheel drive? Is it MPFI or DPFI?

jpciii 04-11-2006 10:12 PM

Re: I'm jealous! My wife almost

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Just curious, is the civic wagon four wheel drive? Is it MPFI or DPFI?

Nothing special about the base model "Wagovan". The 4th gen wagons came in three variants: Wagovan, DX, (both where front wheel drive) and the portly RT/AWD (real time all wheel drive). The Wagovan and DX where basically the same cars and came with 1.5 liter/dual-point fuel injection. The all wheel drive version had the multi-point fuel injected 1.6 liter (same engine setup as the Civic/CRX Si). You could also get a 6-speed tranny in the AWD cars (had an extra low granny gear).

thisisntjared 04-12-2006 09:14 AM

o man thats awesome! i know

o man thats awesome! i know of someone that threw a d16z6 in his civic wagon. its awesome. i would totally rock one.

SVOboy 04-12-2006 03:26 PM

Man, the wagovan in some

Man, the wagovan in some pimp stuff! I love those things, you can make them look really nice. I hope you get some good mileage, I wonder what they are good for.

Welcome!

GasSavers_civicminded 05-09-2006 12:16 PM

Yeah - go wagovan! I was

Yeah - go wagovan!

I was looking at these recently as a possible 3rd car. Awesome utility and mpg.

rh77 05-09-2006 05:53 PM

Welcome

Welcome!

I can safely say that I haven't seen many Wagovans -- great find. It's too bad that the closest thing we have these days is the Honda Fit -- at least the the wagon had some class. Who needs an SUV when you've got a wagon/hatchback??? Keep us posted on your mileage and/or mods -- it looks promising.