Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Cell Phone Radiation in pocket or next to the ear (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/cell-phone-radiation-in-pocket-or-next-to-the-ear-19476.html)

cuts_off_prius 07-03-2017 03:52 PM

Personally, I put my phone on 'airplane mode' if I'm going to be sitting with it in my pocket for a while, such as during a lecture or sermon. That disables data, wifi, and network. Use it as my alarm clock as well, airplane mode as always. Just to be on the safe side.

ChewChewTrain 07-06-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JockoT (Post 195190)
You don't expect a Scotsman to deny the Loch Ness Monster do you?

Yeah. Not really. It's good for tourist trade.

Jcp385 07-06-2017 05:21 PM

I've carried a celly since about age 15, so a bit over half my life. Much of that time in a pocket near my sensitive areas.

I've since had two children who are quite smart. The first is a candidate for gifted school with two letters of recommendation from her teacher, the second hasn't started school yet but is more logical in some ways.

I don't think cell phone nuked nuts would beget that.

ChewChewTrain 07-08-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcp385 (Post 195309)
I've carried a celly since about age 15, so a bit over half my life. Much of that time in a pocket near my sensitive areas.

I've since had two children who are quite smart. The first is a candidate for gifted school with two letters of recommendation from her teacher, the second hasn't started school yet but is more logical in some ways.

I don't think cell phone nuked nuts would beget that.

Sure. Your kids are outstanding, but if you didn't nuke your nutz they might have been the next Einstein or Elon Musk. Bummer. :(

14Corolla 07-11-2017 10:47 AM

Now the cell phones are killing people, instantly! :rolleyes:

Teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath | Fox News

SteveMak 07-11-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14Corolla (Post 195374)
Now the cell phones are killing people, instantly! :rolleyes:

Teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath | Fox News

Pertinent line from the article: "...Relatives told KCBD that the accident was caused either when she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbing the phone as it was being charged..."

So the problem was NOT the cellphone. The problem was the kid touched a 120 volt electrical source while taking a bath. Duh. In my opinion, that's some shoddy reporting, too, but I guess sensationalized and controversial titles get clicks.

14Corolla 07-11-2017 04:08 PM

Oh Steve... You're actually defending those evil, wicked, cell phones, who are out to destroy us and take over? Their plan is to rename earth; Verizon. :eek:

14Corolla 07-21-2017 08:21 AM

Seriously... Besides other precautions with cell phones. Look into a mineral called: Shungite. You'll be glad you did.