Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Ford scrappage scheme. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/ford-scrappage-scheme-19601.html)

Draigflag 08-29-2017 10:11 PM

Oh so now you're comparing a bike to a truck? Just so you know, 100 MPG is easily achievable in a modern small diesel, as has been proven numerous times by the likes of Honda, Peugeot etc.

R.I.D.E. 08-31-2017 07:27 AM

It must be sad being irrelevant. Try a bike if you want "fun".

Draigflag 08-31-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. (Post 195971)
It must be sad being irrelevant. Try a bike if you want "fun".

You tell me buddy, you somehow work into every topic how "relevant" your 3 cents cost per mile is, like anyone cares, like it's something to be proud of. You should be ashamed to be so boring, not proud haha

R.I.D.E. 08-31-2017 06:21 PM

Actually the car is 3.4 right now with the bike at 2.5. Funny, I looked around and did not see anyone advocating wasting fuel. Maybe they have a "Blow it out your tailpipe forum" somewhere. As far as how you are qualified to judge my life and happiness, maybe you can start your own column, under the heading "I know how bad your life is and it's because I have divine insight into the lives of others when I am not trying to embalm myself at one of my nine local pubs within walking distance" on the "Blow it out your tailpipe" forum :lol:

Draigflag 08-31-2017 10:05 PM

Nah I already checked lol.

Draigflag 09-01-2017 03:39 AM

And now VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, and Renault have launched a scrappage scheme too.

VW Audi Seat Skoda and Renault launch scrappage schemes | Next Green Car

Draigflag 09-02-2017 12:07 AM

The VW scrappage scheme would seem the pick of the bunch, up to £10,000 off the fully electric golf if you trade in an old diesel registered before 2009. My bosses parents have an old 2003 Passat TDI which is starting to fall apart, was trying to convince them instead of the £900 they've been offered, they could get £10,000 instead.

Makes the e golf about 50% cheaper than the Tesla Model 3, although its not as desirable in my opinion.

ChewChewTrain 09-02-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 195964)
The almost 100,000,000 cars and commercial vehicles produced last year suggests that quite a few people still want new cars. And if you missed the improvements to aerodynamics, design, build quality, refinement, practicality, reliability, performance, efficiency, emission control, road holding and handling ability, safety, and everything else in the last 37 years, you must have been living under a rock no?

With no aerodynamic mods, my last two tankfuls for my 28y/o Honda Civic were 53+ MPG. All done with pumped up tires, 53mph freeway speeds, and EOC driving finesse. :)

What's new, DraigFlag/Paul?

trollbait 09-02-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain (Post 195983)
With no aerodynamic mods, my last two tankfuls for my 28y/o Honda Civic were 53+ MPG. All done with pumped up tires, 53mph freeway speeds, and EOC driving finesse. :)

What's new, DraigFlag/Paul?

And in a new Prius you would likely get over 60mpg without the work and hassle of a manual and EOCing. As a plus, you'd more likely escape an accident with less injury with better chance of surviving.

ChewChewTrain 09-02-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollbait (Post 195986)
And in a new Prius you would likely get over 60mpg without the work and hassle of a manual and EOCing. As a plus, you'd more likely escape an accident with less injury with better chance of surviving.

"LIKELY" get over 60mpg? Nope. A simple vehicle research on Fuelly proves your statement nonsense.