Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Professional Race Car Drivers / How do they drive in everyday traffic? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/professional-race-car-drivers-how-do-they-drive-in-everyday-traffic-19640.html)

ChewChewTrain 09-11-2017 05:53 PM

Professional Race Car Drivers / How do they drive in everyday traffic?

Have any of you ever been driven in a regular car on city/hwy streets by a professional race car driver?

If so, did you notice anything about their driving style?

JockoT 09-11-2017 10:00 PM

Never been driven on the street by a professional race car driver but have been driven by a highly trained police traffic car driver (UK). It was exceptionally smooth in town, with nothing ever catching him out. On the highway, with the overtaking style, I was scared sh**less.

ChewChewTrain 09-14-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JockoT (Post 196103)
Never been driven on the street by a professional race car driver but have been driven by a highly trained police traffic car driver (UK). It was exceptionally smooth in town, with nothing ever catching him out. On the highway, with the overtaking style, I was scared sh**less.

HEY, JOCKOT! I saw you on the Ecomodder website. TRAITOR!! ;)

JockoT 09-14-2017 10:04 PM

Is this a case of Pot and Kettle? That's what comes when you are retired. All the buddies you have are online now!

R.I.D.E. 09-15-2017 08:20 AM

I was a member of ecomodder for 6-7 years, until the last election, when a political response to some crap got me mad. My response was deleted while the obnoxious propaganda remained, so I deleted myself by demanding my membership be deleted or I would delete something like 6000+ posts.

JockoT 09-15-2017 10:04 AM

There are some real crackers on ecomodder. Always plenty posts though. Find Fuelly a bit disappointing for the amount of content. Some days nothing at all gets posted.

Jcp385 09-15-2017 10:09 AM

I've gotten good at ignoring the political-related stuff, because pretty much everyone disagrees with me :D

Anyhow, about the closest I have gotten was more of an amateur racer, took me for a drive in his Saleen Mustang convertible. On the freeway he pretty much just stayed at the top of third, but boy was he smooth. For the speed we were going and the amount of weaving he had to do, it felt pretty sedate. But I wouldn't say that's probably his normal driving style.

ChewChewTrain 09-17-2017 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JockoT (Post 196184)
Is this a case of Pot and Kettle? That's what comes when you are retired. All the buddies you have are online now!

I suspected you'd be smart enough to turn my observation against me. ;)

ChewChewTrain 09-17-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcp385 (Post 196206)
I've gotten good at ignoring the political-related stuff, because pretty much everyone disagrees with me :D

I disagree that everyone disagrees with you. Agreed?

Jcp385 09-17-2017 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain (Post 196226)
I disagree that everyone disagrees with you. Agreed?

I think we can agree to disagree!

ChewChewTrain 09-17-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. (Post 196200)
I was a member of ecomodder for 6-7 years, until the last election, when a political response to some crap got me mad. My response was deleted while the obnoxious propaganda remained, so I deleted myself by demanding my membership be deleted or I would delete something like 6000+ posts.

Ecomodder deleted your posts? SHOCKING! What could you possible say to rub them wrong, Gary?