Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Time zone issues on sync (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/time-zone-issues-on-sync-19841.html)

TheRandomOne 11-28-2017 05:37 PM

Time zone issues on sync

I have my profile in Fuelly set for Eastern Time Zone and my phone defaults to network time which is Eastern Time Zone.

When I input a fill-up in aCar at 1:45pm on my phone and it syncs to Fuelly.com, but when I look at that fill-up on Fuelly it shows 6:45pm. The time is exactly 5 hours off. If I change it on Fuelly, then it will sync a -5 hour difference in aCar.

aCar does not have a way to set the Time Zone since it assumes your phone, but during the sync it does not correct or pass the time zone across.

Does anyone have this issue?

EMY92 11-29-2017 05:57 AM

Please use the Contact Support feature in the app to send a note to the help desk. Make sure to check to include the app logs and backup data. We'll figure out why this is happening to you.

TrussMan 12-19-2017 01:42 PM

This is happening to me as well. Mine is doing a 7 hour offset as I am in Mountain Time zone. I will get into the app and send a note to support.

Insp_Gadget 01-09-2018 11:46 PM

Same here

Same issue for me. It hasn't been fixed. Running latest version of the app: 5.0.13 dated Nov 30, 2017.

I'm in Eastern Standard Time. Fuelly shows all entries 5 hours ahead of what is entered into aCar. Conversely, aCar shows all entries 5 hours behind whatever is entered into Fuelly.

And, yes, I submitted feedback/bug report via the app.

EMY92 01-17-2018 06:24 AM

I do have the developer looking into this. In my testing, I get the same results. It shows the time in UTC versus my US Central timezone.

seasnake 02-05-2018 05:09 AM

Partially Fixed

Looks like my fuel up times now sync correctly. Service records are still offset by 5-hours on Fuelly.

Noticed one additional thing with fuel up. Late Dec/2017 my default fuel switched to Gas(Autogas/LPG), instead of Gasoline (Reg 87). This was fixed by simply re-selecting Gasoline
and editing a few fuel ups. Not sure if there is a way for developers to see if this affected anyone else (maybe see if Autogas/LPG usage reporting rose in Jan?).

EMY92 02-05-2018 05:21 AM

All records going forward will show the correct time. Unfortunately, old records will not be corrected by the update.

TheRandomOne 06-03-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMY92 (Post 197497)
All records going forward will show the correct time. Unfortunately, old records will not be corrected by the update.

Still does not work on any record. I filled up at 3:36p on May 30 and input the data in Fuelly. The sync happens and shows 4 hour difference. So utc +/- daylight savings time.
Since I fill up more often than any other record type I would like to have the time set correctly.

I am on a Pixel 2 XL running the latest software.

JockoT 08-06-2018 09:51 PM

Can you not set the Time Zone in Settings? You do on the computer version of Fuelly.

EMY92 08-07-2018 04:14 AM

The time zone in the app is set by the phone.

The correct time is saving in Fuelly, but when you sync the data from Fuelly to the phone, the time shown in aCar will be UTC.

I have notified the developer.