Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Chrysler Pacifica (2018 van) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/chrysler-pacifica-2018-van-19919.html)

inis2002 02-04-2018 05:49 AM

Chrysler Pacifica (2018 van)

Chrysler has made two different pacifica models, 2017+ van (including hybrid) and 03-08 hatchback. I can't seem to search or find the newer model. Wanting to compare my van vs others. Anyone else having this same issue?

juanepstein 02-06-2018 09:06 AM

Ditto. I’ve been using this site since ‘13. I would really love to see some real world mpg numbers for the Pacifica Hybrid. The lack of numbers in the database doesn’t ring true to me. I can search my Volvo T8 plugin hybrid and there’s less than 20...

JockoT 02-06-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juanepstein (Post 197506)
Ditto. I’ve been using this site since ‘13. I would really love to see some real world mpg numbers for the Pacifica Hybrid. The lack of numbers in the database doesn’t ring true to me. I can search my Volvo T8 plugin hybrid and there’s less than 20...

It all depends on how many owners are using this site. There are only 7 Rolls Royce cars listed. Suppose most owners have no interest in tracking their fuel efficiency!

Draigflag 02-06-2018 12:49 PM

I'm the only owner of a 308 GTI tracking my fuel usage on the site in the whole world. Very hard to compare rare cars...

gt1 02-07-2018 04:16 PM

Pacifica is not rare. It is the most popular North American minivan. There are 3 threads about it not being visible, including mine from last November. No love from the admins.

trollbait 02-08-2018 06:17 AM

It is the only North American minivan.

rfruth 02-08-2018 11:16 AM

I want to help out, someone buy my a Pacifica Hybrid or a Rolles & I will report back :)

gt1 02-10-2018 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollbait (Post 197513)
It is the only North American minivan.

Odyssey is assembled and largely designed in US.

inis2002 02-11-2018 01:54 PM

Yep Odyssey is built in Alabama. Any update from an admin/site designer?

CivicCaravan 02-12-2018 03:51 AM

Here's mine, anyway.

Pacifica (Chrysler Pacifica) | Fuelly

Yes, with 200,000 2017+ Pacificas on the road, this is not a problem with the number of vehicles registered on the site. Statistically, Pacifica owners aren't significantly more or less likely to track fuel economy than anyone else. It's because the Pacifica name was re-used for a different vehicle. Fuelly just doesn't want to be bothered fixing it.

trollbait 02-12-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt1 (Post 197524)
Odyssey is assembled and largely designed in US.

But Honda is still headquartered in Japan, and people will call it a Japanese car.

The large American minivan is a dying segment was my point. There are only four manufacturers still making one; Honda, Toyota, FCA, and Kia. Ford, GM, and Nissan have all abandoned it because of poor sales.

inis2002 02-13-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollbait (Post 197540)
But Honda is still headquartered in Japan, and people will call it a Japanese car.

The large American minivan is a dying segment was my point. There are only four manufacturers still making one; Honda, Toyota, FCA, and Kia. Ford, GM, and Nissan have all abandoned it because of poor sales.

obviously your name is spot on. Minivan market is coming back around with continued growth in this segment and also small 3 row suv's. Larger vehicles (hence new lincoln and suburbans) are staying stagnant.

The ideology that any one manufacturer is American is well past gone. Ford, Chevy and FCA (actually Italian maker) are no more American than Honda from a manufacturing stand point. If you want to count the heritage, sure buy "American" all day long. Dam near every sensor in a car is foreign, nearly all cars are now metric..list goes on and on.

Arcadia is currently the most American made vehicle right now somewhere in the high 80%'s depending who you ask.

Your 2016 Camry is around 75% "American".

gory 02-13-2018 03:31 PM

Thanks @civiccaravan
From this site, it doesn't look like the new Pacificas exist. Can't find a single one. Here's mine:

17 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum (Chrysler Pacifica) | Fuelly

trollbait 02-14-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inis2002 (Post 197548)
obviously your name is spot on. Minivan market is coming back around with continued growth in this segment and also small 3 row suv's. Larger vehicles (hence new lincoln and suburbans) are staying stagnant.

The ideology that any one manufacturer is American is well past gone. Ford, Chevy and FCA (actually Italian maker) are no more American than Honda from a manufacturing stand point. If you want to count the heritage, sure buy "American" all day long. Dam near every sensor in a car is foreign, nearly all cars are now metric..list goes on and on.

Arcadia is currently the most American made vehicle right now somewhere in the high 80%'s depending who you ask.

Your 2016 Camry is around 75% "American".

According to the VIN, my Camry is a Japanese import.

If the minivan market is improving, you should tell the manufacturers.
Toyota Sienna Sales Figures | GCBC
Chrysler Pacifica Sales Figures | GCBC
Honda Odyssey Sales Figures | GCBC
Kia Sedona Sales Figures | GCBC
Dodge Grand Caravan Sales Figures | GCBC
Chrysler Town & Country Sales Figures | GCBC
Only the Sienna and Pacifica saw an improvement in sales this January compared to the previous year. All the models have been losing annual sales from 2015 or 2016. (note: GoodCarBadCar has segment sales charts, but the 2017 and 2016 ones for minivans wasn't available.)

Whether two or three rows of seats, SUVs and crossovers have been the winners in the past year. They are a separate recognized segment from minivans though.

I'm surprised no one used the easy counter to my snark; Chrysler is owned by Fiat.

Draigflag 02-14-2018 10:05 AM

Minivans are a dying market because they're so uncool, and it's impossible to style them due to thier large bulky design. People are fussy these days, and style is becoming increasingly important, SUV'S with extra seats are far more popular these days, the new Peugeot 5008 for example is one of my new favourite 7 seater:

https://www.topgear.com/sites/defaul...?itok=Rsnuwx85

gt1 02-16-2018 05:16 PM

@trollbait, I'm not sure what are you leading to. Are you saying that Pacifica shouldn't show up in the directory because many people prefer the questionable vanity of SUVs?

trollbait 02-20-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt1 (Post 197577)
@trollbait, I'm not sure what are you leading to. Are you saying that Pacifica shouldn't show up in the directory because many people prefer the questionable vanity of SUVs?

Not at all.

My initial comment here was just snark. There is just one minivan brand that the public would call "American".

I mention the decline of US sized minivans in order to just add to the conversion. On a personal note, I thought the Pacifica PHEV could have been a great car for my wife. She drove very little miles locally, so most of those would be EV with a Pacifica. Then for long trips we used her car because it was roomier than my commuter.

gt1 03-05-2018 12:13 PM

Still no fix. A couple of years ago I asked to add a "View All Notes" option to the vehicle pages. It was done the same day. Support went downhill...

inis2002 03-18-2018 08:57 AM

Any update?

1tpg1 07-15-2018 06:14 AM

Yes how do we get a hybrid added to the model list? How can this be missing?

patrickhays2 07-18-2018 11:19 AM

Hey CivicCaravan,

My wife and I are looking into a Hybrid Pacifica, too. What changed to swing your MPG from the mid-30s to the mid-70s?