Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Incorrect Previous Odometer (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/incorrect-previous-odometer-19968.html)

Springburn 03-12-2018 08:55 AM

Incorrect Previous Odometer

Hi,

When adding a new record, fuel or service the previous odometer field shows 1588666.0.
My actual mileage is in the 160k range which is borne out when I browse records.
Obviously I cannot enter an accurate record as the entry is rejected due to validation.

Any ideas how to edit the previous odometer field or wherever it is getting that value?

Thanks

JockoT 03-12-2018 09:48 AM

On my laptop, the yellow pen/pencil beside the entries allow me to edit any previous entry.

Springburn 03-12-2018 02:19 PM

Thanks but the previous entry is correct I do not know where the bogus previous odometer number is coming from

Springburn 03-21-2018 08:40 AM

I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled. I used the oldest back up I had to see if that helped. When I browsed the records it looked fine but again when I went to add a new record the previous odometer field was again populated with a bogus reading.

bknepper 05-05-2018 10:39 AM

I have the exact same issue. My vehicle is about 51,000 miles but the page for adding fuel-up data shows that "Previous Odometer:" (second line down on screen) to be 110904.0

This is some totally random number that is going to take a few years to reach. It doesn't affect data capture and charting but it sure is annoying to see such a flagrant error in a program you are trusting for accuracy.

Xcelplus 05-21-2018 06:22 AM

"Error
The fuel-up that you're trying to add is exactly the same as a previous fuel-up."

I have a log book full of entries and was going to add a few of them... but the program won't let me. It gives me this error message.

The fill-up has a different date, different amount of fuel, etc... so they're not the same. The problem seems to be that the latest entry is for an earlier date... which the website wont accept.

I know the difference between the last fill and this one... so why can't I enter this? There is no option for distance travelled... which means you have to make 2 entries before you get a mileage figure... but the site won't let you add a previous figure (refer error above).

Anyone got a solution to any of this?

:-)

Xcelplus 05-21-2018 06:27 AM

In the end it seems to have accepted the entry... despite the error message.

I now have the correct mileage calculated.

However there shouldn't be any errors for entering retrospective data?

Can someone fix this?

:-)

jeppvoodoo 08-06-2018 09:38 AM

I have this same issue which blocks me from entering anything other than fuel. I can enter fuel and show the accurate odometer and it magically takes that.... however no notes, service etc

tocnaza 09-09-2018 08:34 AM

I have the exact same issue. My vehicle is about 51,000 miles but the page for adding fuel-up data shows that "Previous Odometer:" (second line down on screen) to be 110904.0

This is some totally random number that is going to take a few years to reach. It doesn't affect data capture and charting but it sure is annoying to see such a flagrant error in a program you are trusting for accuracy.

EMY92 09-09-2018 09:45 AM

Check your service entries, the Previous Odometer field is the highest odometer reading entered. The fuel entries validate against other fuel entries, service entries against other service entries.

If you can still add fuel entries, then the issue is likely in a service entry. You can filter to show only services to make it easier to find. The other option is to export a CSV file and then sort by highest odometer reading. Then correct that entry.