Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   possible switch to vbulletin (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/possible-switch-to-vbulletin-2017.html)

rh77 04-27-2006 03:04 PM

If it helps...

I guess if it helps (as in attracting new members and helping with load times) it would be better -- but this site's format has a less-cluttered look and an easier way to view multiple thread topics. Maybe I'm just nostalgic...

RH77

Matt Timion 04-27-2006 03:20 PM

Re: If it helps...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rh77
I guess if it helps (as in attracting new members and helping with load times) it would be better -- but this site's format has a less-cluttered look and an easier way to view multiple thread topics. Maybe I'm just nostalgic...

RH77

I personally really like the layout of this site as it is. The downside is that there is a real glass ceiling with the software, and we're already really smashed up against it.

rh77 04-27-2006 03:40 PM

Behind the Scenes

Not knowing what goes on behind the scenes here, I would have to vote for whatever expands the possibilities. I'm sure we would get used to it pretty quickly. I assume everything would carry-over as far as thread order and content...

RH77

Matt Timion 04-27-2006 03:42 PM

Re: Behind the Scenes

Quote:

Originally Posted by rh77
I assume everything would carry-over as far as thread order and content...

That will be the biggest headache, but do-able I'm certain.

Matt Timion 04-27-2006 11:01 PM

The install today was a

The install today was a success. I emailed one of the developers and he may be able to make the importation script for us to import user and forum data.

I would like to ask a question, however.

We have two options: Switch over now and temporarily lose the ability to use the wiki, gaslog, local gas prices, and garage

OR

Wait until suitable replacements are found for all of them. Some of them will require custom coding (probably all of them) so it could take a while.

The Toecutter 04-27-2006 11:14 PM

I'd wait.

I'd wait.

n0rt0npr0 04-27-2006 11:16 PM

willing.

Willing to wait.

Props on the switch for less headache on your end.
So IF you can reduce headaches on your end by switching now, I say do it now. As members and humans we will adapt. :)

Matt Timion 04-27-2006 11:34 PM

Re: I'd wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
I'd wait.

I just hope I'm willing to wait :P

I need to investigate how difficult it is to code plugins for this new software. Odds are it's easy as the software itself is amazingly powerful.

Matt Timion 04-28-2006 10:04 AM

Re: I'd wait.

I've decided to try to outsource the coding for the garage/gaslog/wiki/etc. With any luck I'll be able to get something good and without much headache.

SVOboy 04-28-2006 12:48 PM

I'll wait also. Good to have

I'll wait also. Good to have the stuff in the meantime, I think.