Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   My hard drive just crashed (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/my-hard-drive-just-crashed-2052.html)

philmcneal 05-04-2006 01:44 PM

lol pwned, ipods are such a

lol pwned, ipods are such a fashion statement, i'm happy with my rca refurbished mp3 player! Even if it takes a second to input commands.

i've had this maxtor 20 gig hard drive for 5 years now and yes i'm aggressive when installing computer parts! I move things a lot back then and its still strong!!!!

the WD (120 gig) over a year and a half? and the 200 gig segate a year.

GasSavers_Diemaster 05-04-2006 01:48 PM

i am the hardrive king i

i am the hardrive king :P

i got 3 160 gigs in a RAID or 320G :P
and the following in my computer:
160g, 120g, 80g, 30g, 15g, 12g :P

and others i have just clolecting dust
7g, 3.4g, 2.1g, 1g, .5g .2g :P

thats 15 8) and thats not counting the obsolite one is have from other older machines. i got one it holds a waping 5 MEG! lol

i'm also going to make a hdd mp3 player for my helga :D

and to top it off i got a external WD 400g :jawdrop:

that i use for my 110g multimedia colecton including 70g of music vidieos, tv ads, and complte colectons of southpark, famaly guy, rockos modern life, and ren & stimpy not to menton the 25 some full legnth movies i have. music inludes 40g of all kinds of ****. uname it i proably got it :P

ALL YOUR HARDDRIVE ARE BELONG TO ME! }:) :P 8) ;)

n0rt0npr0 05-04-2006 02:35 PM

Re: toshiba hard drives

Quote:

Originally Posted by norton
But beware of toshiba laptop drives....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion

Uh oh... all Ipods use Toshiba laptop hard drives. :O

I've seen the MTBF times on those iPod toshibas and I must say they advertise a number that is impressive. BUT, if I had one I'd make it a habit of this check to see if the drive was okay:

1. If the battery is not fully charged, plug it in as doing this takes battery power.
2. Press the Menu + Pause/Play buttons until the Apple logo comes up.
3. At the Apple logo, press the REW, FF, Menu and “Action” (the center) buttons.

A little "scanning disc" type icon will come on the screen. Just leave the iPod alone to run the utility.

At the end you will be presented with a Disk icon with a check mark or a sad iPod icon. If you get a sad iPod icon you need to send your iPod in for repair.

diamondlarry 05-04-2006 04:22 PM

Hey Matt, if you can wait

Hey Matt, if you can wait awhile, Seagate is coming out with a 750gb drive. :jawdrop: 1tb drives aren't very far off either.

Matt Timion 05-04-2006 05:21 PM

Re: Hey Matt, if you can wait

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Hey Matt, if you can wait awhile, Seagate is coming out with a 750gb drive. :jawdrop: 1tb drives aren't very far off either.

I remember when my family got our first PC. 386 DX with 33mhz of pure power. 20 meg hard drive powered windows 3.1.

Of course, people said that they would never be able to fill 20 megs, EVER.

Now I'm sitting here thinking that we'll never be able to fill a terabyte, but just give ita few years and I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.

rh77 05-04-2006 09:04 PM

1 Terabyte HDD

I'm waiting for the 1 Terabyte drive. Not that I need it, just because it's cool. Maybe if I put all of mine together...nope not even close. Actually my percentage of HDD space required vs. available has gone down over time...

SVOboy 05-04-2006 09:10 PM

Last summer I downloaded

Last summer I downloaded about 2 TBs worth of stuff, wish I coulda stored it all. I'm just going to wait until summer and then I'm building a box to work as NAS and I'll try and keep it organized.

GasSavers_Diemaster 05-04-2006 09:49 PM

Re: Last summer I downloaded

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Last summer I downloaded about 2 TBs worth of stuff, wish I coulda stored it all. I'm just going to wait until summer and then I'm building a box to work as NAS and I'll try and keep it organized.

shoulda burned it all to dvds. :P then made me copys :D

philmcneal 05-04-2006 11:12 PM

hard drives sure make a dent

hard drives sure make a dent in our media industry oh wells.

philmcneal 05-04-2006 11:12 PM

hard drives sure make a dent

hard drives sure make a dent in our media industry oh wells.