Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   mythbusters testing gas savers (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/mythbusters-testing-gas-savers-2082.html)

GasSavers_Diemaster 05-10-2006 09:20 PM

mythbusters testing gas savers

it was on tonight!

they tested the magnets, hydrogen fuel cell, asatone in gas, pure hydrogen, a super carborator, and vegie oil.

u got to watch it for the data.

some one should show them this site. and all the ideas they didnt test like the pvc catch can and increesed air in tires.

i told matt to watch it but he didnt get the IM.

Matt Timion 05-10-2006 10:19 PM

Re: mythbusters testing gas savers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemaster
it was on tonight!

they tested the magnets, hydrogen fuel cell, asatone in gas, pure hydrogen, a super carborator, and vegie oil.

u got to watch it for the data.

some one should show them this site. and all the ideas they didnt test like the pvc catch can and increesed air in tires.

i told matt to watch it but he didnt get the IM.

I was upstairs. I wonder if they show repeats on TLC. I'll have to check the schedule.

Compaq888 05-11-2006 12:46 AM

at least freaking share the

at least freaking share the results.

iburnh2o 05-11-2006 01:05 AM

I only got the last bit.

I only got the last bit. They were trying to run a car off straight hydrogen/water from plans they found on the net (hydrostar?). That didn't work(duh). They then ran the engine off a big cylinder of compressed hydrogen which kept it running but resulted in an impressive fireball/backfire. They did say magnets did nothing, acetone did nothing and the 'supercarb' did nothing. Not sure which/what type of carburetor they tested. Basically the only thing they tested that worked was WVO in a MB diesel. I would guess it will be on again. If I know when I'll try and post ahead of time. If anyone could provide more details I'd appreciate it.

GasSavers_DaX 05-11-2006 04:02 AM

Re: I only got the last bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iburnh2o
I only got the last bit. They were trying to run a car off straight hydrogen/water from plans they found on the net (hydrostar?). That didn't work(duh). They then ran the engine off a big cylinder of compressed hydrogen which kept it running but resulted in an impressive fireball/backfire. They did say magnets did nothing, acetone did nothing and the 'supercarb' did nothing. Not sure which/what type of carburetor they tested. Basically the only thing they tested that worked was WVO in a MB diesel. I would guess it will be on again. If I know when I'll try and post ahead of time. If anyone could provide more details I'd appreciate it.

Haha, sounds like we started watching it at exactly the same point.

rh77 05-11-2006 04:34 AM

Dangit

Dangit! I watch it every Wednesday night, and last night, I worked instead -- moral of the story: TV first, Work later...

JanGeo 05-12-2006 05:43 AM

from pes_acetone "Caught an

from pes_acetone

"Caught an episode of myth busters a couple days ago. They were trying all the fuel saving gadgets. They used acetone, at a ratio of about 100:1. They said the car got worse mileage with acetone. That
certainly is correct, at that ratio!"

the correct ratio is 466.666 to one 3oz to 1280oz (3oz to 10 gallons)

Matt Timion 05-12-2006 08:57 AM

Re: from pes_acetone

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo
from pes_acetone

"Caught an episode of myth busters a couple days ago. They were trying all the fuel saving gadgets. They used acetone, at a ratio of about 100:1. They said the car got worse mileage with acetone. That

Wow...

cognitive dissonance.

Compaq888 05-12-2006 11:15 AM

Re: from pes_acetone"Caught an

Quote:

from pes_acetone

Bull****.
Acetone this, acetone that. The only thing proven about acetone is it kills your fuel system.

GasSavers_DaX 05-12-2006 11:35 AM

Re: from pes_acetone"Caught an

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
Quote:

from pes_acetone

Bull****.
Acetone this, acetone that. The only thing proven about acetone is it kills your fuel system.

Additives. Guilty until proven innocent.

This is pretty much how I feel, except Compaq used a much more explicit way of expressing it. :p