Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Fuel Savings & Reduced Emissions (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/fuel-savings-and-reduced-emissions-2098.html)

gasdeal 05-13-2006 06:50 AM

Fuel Savings & Reduced Emissions

https://Gas-Deal.com

Good morning,
I was introduced to a product that is non-toxic and non-hazardous. It increases your mileage 7%-19% or better! Please research the website and call me if you have any questions.
Thanks..Mike

SVOboy 05-13-2006 07:34 AM

Would you be willing to set

Would you be willing to set up a little controlled testing with some of the members on this site?

gasdeal 05-13-2006 08:55 AM

I would be glad to do some

I would be glad to do some controlled tests. Let me know what you have in mind.
Take care,
Mike

Matt Timion 05-13-2006 12:28 PM

Just curious... everything I

Just curious... everything I have seen for this product shows results based on old carburated vehicles.

While the users of GasSavers may have older vehicles, very few of us are not using Fuel Injection.

So on to the test.

A controlled test can be completed as follows:
  • You send five bottles to five users.
  • These five users record gas mileage before adding the product over a given driving course.
  • These five users add the product and then drive around for 20 miles to let it work it's magic.
  • Users then record gas mileage again driving the same course.
  • Data is sent to me and I run statistical analysis on the data to determine if there is a statistically significant increase in fuel economy.

I think the best way to do this would be to have five users with instant fuel economy readouts (scangauge or supermid) so that instant gas mileage data can be obtained.

Results will be published here for all to see.

gasdeal 05-13-2006 04:46 PM

Good evening...product works

Good evening...product works great with fuel injectors. Now to the test.
It sounds like you have the right idea. I can send three bottles out to whoever you like, as for five bottles, I have to pay $18.00 per bottle plus the shipping. If this OK with you let me know.
take care,
Mike

SVOboy 05-13-2006 05:48 PM

I think it's best to send

I think it's best to send the stuff to people with scangauges or superMIDs and varied vehicles.

With that in mind I suggest:

Dan (krousdb)
Rick (rh77)
Darin (MetroMPG)

philmcneal 05-13-2006 05:56 PM

lol he offered it to me to

lol he offered it to me to but i said NO WAY i ain't going to risk some crap in my tank. Sounds like sucker science to me sorry!

gasdeal 05-14-2006 05:39 AM

When did I offer this to

When did I offer this to you??? I have only offered product to testers that SVOboy recommended. This product is not crap either! The inventor has sold technology to Cheveron, received support letter from Texaco, been nominated for Nobel Prize and so on. The product will not harm any engine as it is mineral oil based and contains esters that clean and lubricate the engine. I would not waste our time with a product that did not produce results. The company offers a money back guarentee as well! For more information check out the manufactures website (ethosfr.com).
Take care,
Mike

n0rt0npr0 05-14-2006 06:59 AM

'

Me and the owner of Ethos have comunicated in the past. I bought Ethos from him when I noticed how powerful it is at keeping gaskets supple and sealing in my Mower testing. By Matt's methodology my testing is insignificant, but immediately after adding it to just my vehicles crankcase I noticed a 2% gain in mpg.

I added it to the mowers fuel and in just one treatment(to 200ml of fuel) I logged a 1.9% improvement in run time. And they claim it works better the longer its used.

gasdeal 05-14-2006 08:33 AM

If these members send their

If these members Dan (krousdb)
Rick (rh77)
Darin (MetroMPG) send their address I will send them the product for testing. my e-mail is on my website https://gas-deal.com
Thanks,
Mike

Matt Timion 05-14-2006 10:42 PM

Re: If these members send their

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasdeal
Rick (rh77)
Darin (MetroMPG) send their address I will send them the product for testing. my e-mail is on my website https://gas-deal.com
Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for playing along gasdeal. HOpefully all of these guys will want to participate. We'll have to figure out a few ground rules to ensure that the test is as statistically accurate as possible.

philmcneal 05-15-2006 12:10 AM

ehhh if it works that's

ehhh if it works that's great, i still don't beieve in paying for better FE when i have to keep doing as soon as my bottle run out.

I already have a hard time doing it when my real gas tank has ran out.

Good luck with the results though.

gasdeal 05-15-2006 01:22 AM

OK..just let me know, I'll

OK..just let me know, I'll be watching the forum after work tonight!
Take care,
Mike

gasdeal 05-15-2006 01:28 AM

The product returns more

The product returns more than the purchase price so I don't mind buying it. Chart show 10%. 15%, & 20% savings at different gas prices.

$2.50 per gal $40.00 $56.00 $80.00
$2.75 per gal $44.00 $60.00 $88.00
$3.00 per gal $48.00 $72.00 $96.00
$3.25 per gal $52.00 $78.00 $104.00
$3.50 per gal $56.00 $84.00 $112.00

Take care,
Mike

Proven& Tested

SVOboy 05-15-2006 04:44 AM

Has anyone contacted you

Has anyone contacted you yet? Dan might take a while because he and his friend were busy winning the tour del sol mileage marathon, they got 87.1 over 1k miles in a downpour, :p

95metro 05-15-2006 07:27 AM

Well, I'm impressed that the

Well, I'm impressed that the video clip wasn't an infommercial.

krousdb 05-15-2006 07:47 AM

Re: If these members send their

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:

Rick (rh77)
Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for playing along gasdeal. HOpefully all of these guys will want to participate. We'll have to figure out a few ground rules to ensure that the test is as statistically accurate as possible.

I'm game. I will PM the address.

SVOboy 05-15-2006 08:02 AM

The reasons I nominated

The reasons I nominated these people, just so it's clear, is because they all get great mileage, have steady driving styles, scangauges or superMID, dan has a small honda engine, darin a smaller domestic engine, and rick a large honda mated with an auto in a heavier car, I think it's good for variety but also for consistent testing.

kickflipjr 05-15-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:Well, I'm impressed

Quote:

Well, I'm impressed that the video clip wasn't an infommercial.
+1

95metro 05-15-2006 08:23 AM

Re: +1

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr
+1

:lol: However I couldn't say much about the rest of website...good candidate for a daily sucker on https://www.webpagesthatsuck.com

philmcneal 05-15-2006 12:59 PM

today at canadian tire, i

today at canadian tire, i saw a bottle of penzoill for 6 bucks canadian. It said it would improve gas mileage by 23% and looking at the bottle taht's all it said. The instructions were to fill it up with a 80 liter tank and you can expect increases. The fine print said results were according to doing this 3 times a year.... not only that looking at the numbers closely it was more like 2.3%...

haha i was so close into buying it to, but 6 bucks is a lot... i can buy regular gas with that price and travel way farther than what 2.3% can offer me... ASSUMING it works...

gasdeal 05-15-2006 04:40 PM

I have one address so far, I

I have one address so far, I only have a few bottles left until next shipment arrives this week, so, if they don't get here in couple of days I will send what I have before the end of the week.
take care,
Mike

krousdb 05-24-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

I have one address so far, I only have a few bottles left until next shipment arrives this week, so, if they don't get here in couple of days I will send what I have before the end of the week.
take care,
Mike

I received the free 16 oz bottle of Ethos FR today. The instructions say to add 2-5oz to a 10 gal tank to accelerate cleaning, then 1 oz per 10 gal after that. Also says to add 1 oz per qt in the crankcase. I assume that it is compatible with my Mobil 1 synthetic oil.

Anyway my current tank will be used up by this weekend. I will start my test on monday with the Ethos in my crankcase and in my tank.

Gasdeal, should I notice an immediate improvement or do I need to go through a few tanks? 3 oz in the crankcase, 2oz when I fill (approx 5 gal) and 1 oz on my next fill will use 6 oz of the 16 oz bottle. That leaves enough for someone else to try out. I look forward to the testing. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

MetroMPG 05-24-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
The reasons I nominated these people, just so it's clear, is because they all get great mileage, have steady driving styles, scangauges or superMID, dan has a small honda engine, darin a smaller domestic engine, and rick a large honda mated with an auto in a heavier car, I think it's good for variety but also for consistent testing.

(Actually my engine's a Suzuki mill.)

Thanks for suggesting me, SVOboy. The reasons I didn't offer to test are because:

- I don't use enough fuel to do tests that require multiple tanks - meaning I can't control for seasonal effects; and I wouldn't have the patience to wait that long before implementing other mods (the list is long);

- I'm generally skeptical of claims made from tank-to-tank testing by most drivers (myself included for the reason stated above). I generally avoid things that I can't easily compare on back-to-back, speed-controlled runs in controlled conditions.

GasSavers_katman 05-24-2006 06:53 PM

I'll test it for you.
MPG was down due to winter blend fuel in the KC metro but I only use QuickTrip gas and from the station that's about a block from home and they have switched to summer blend now. I lost about 55 miles on a tank due to the winter blend.
Date Miles Gal MPG
04/16/05 395.4 28.454 13.906
05/25/05 466.0 29.516 15.788
08/03/05 463.2 28.840 16.061
09/13/05 485.1 29.253 16.582
10/16/05 553.5 ??.??? ??.???Towed brother-in-laws race car to Topeka and he filled tank
11/12/05 443.4 27.819 15.938
12/29/05 410.7 28.125 14.602
01/26/06 405.2 27.942 14.501
03/01/06 418.4 28.182 14.846
04/27/06 438.5 28.892 15.177
137.401/9=15.266 avg. MPG for 9 tanks
1997 Chevy Tahoe 4wd 2dr Sport, 5.7 ltr, 350ci, 4l60e 4 spd overdrive automatic. These numbers are with Bosch +4. I now have halos and am getting a base line with them
Engine 0w-30 AMSOIL, Transmission, both Differentials, and Transfer Case use AMSOIL.
I hope this is enough info to get us started.

gasdeal 05-25-2006 02:57 PM

Hi Krousdb,
First, Ethos FR is compatible with Mobil 1.
Now, don't worry about saving some for someone else, I would rather follow the manufactures instructions and send more out. The instructions are to add 2-5oz for every 10 gallons on the initial fill-up. If you have 15 gallon tank then use 3.5-7.5 oz's in 1st tank, then 1 oz for every 10 gallons after that. If you only put 5 gallons in at a time, then at least for the first 10 or 15 gallons use the 2-5 oz ratio. You should see & feel results in your first tank! Thats all I ask, the rest of the testing details are in your hands.
Take care,
Mike

gasdeal 05-25-2006 03:02 PM

Good evening,
PM me your address and I will send you a bottle to try.
Thanks,
Mike

95metro 05-30-2006 03:34 PM

Now I've got the right thread...

Perhaps I'm opening up a can of worms, but here's an interesting writeup on Ethos from a site I find pretty logical and trustworthy...

https://www.fuelsaving.info/ethos.htm

krousdb 05-30-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95metro
Perhaps I'm opening up a can of worms, but here's an interesting writeup on Ethos from a site I find pretty logical and trustworthy...

https://www.fuelsaving.info/ethos.htm

Yes, MetroMPG pointed me to that website many months ago. Very well researched and his conclusions are well formed. He (Tony) mentions the placibo effect where people who spend money for a product subconciously drive more conservatively to ensure better results. I am a firm believer in the placibo effect because I have been a victim of it myself. That is why I volunteered for this test. The only way to eliminate the possibility of the placibo effect is if you have peaked.... pushed the envelope and the envelope has pushed back. Been there done that. There is no way that I could drive more efficiently so there is no chance of a placibo effect.

Now for today's results.... The morning temp was 68F, about 10F higher than any of the data that I have recorded to date. Similarly, the drive home was 90F, again over 10F higher than any of my recorded data. Since warmer weather generally correlates to higher FE, without Ethos FR, I should have been at or near a record. With Ethos FR, according to the claims, I should see 7-19% FE improvement which translates to 5 - 13 MPG.

The actual numbers were 71 MPG to work and 65 on the way home. Niether broke a record, although very close. So far, not impressed. Let's see how the rest of the week goes.:cool:

95metro 05-31-2006 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Yes, MetroMPG pointed me to that website many months ago.

Yeah, I got it from his site as well. I just happened to actually notice the Ethos article for the first time yesterday. :)

krousdb 06-04-2006 12:01 PM

Just finished my first tank after adding Ethos FR. I added 3 oz into the crankcase and 2 oz to ~ 5 gallons of fuel. This tank worked out to 66.40 MPG.

Since my LRR tire swap I have been through six 5 gallon tanks of fuel. The highest was 67.15 MPG and the lowest was 64.36. The average over 1999.8 miles was 65.61 MPG.

So the 66.4 MPG tank using Ethos FR falls within that range but is just above the average. The temps were warmer for this tank compared to any of the previous 5 tanks so that might explain the slight increase. Certainly there is not a 7 - 19% improvement. I will continue until I use the whole bottle to see if anything develops.

zpiloto 06-04-2006 01:15 PM

Thanks, Good input. Was there anyone else at GS testing this also?

cheapybob 06-20-2006 12:46 AM

Maybe this post got lost and the rest couldn't find it to tell us the results?

SVOboy 06-20-2006 06:46 AM

I'm not sure that anyone else got it, darin doesn't drive enough to test it independently (or as much as possible) of weather and Rick seems to have fallen off the face of the earth (prolly work related).

LincolnW 06-20-2006 07:47 AM

Interesting...

I am always skeptical of these products. I'm glad that someone did some good testing on it and came to a conclusion about it. Thanks for taking the time to test this stuff out!