Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News, Articles and Products (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Which will you choose? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f16/which-will-you-choose-21411.html)

JockoT 01-09-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDB (Post 202228)
I still want to see jobs and products brought back to this country though.

I can understand that. Here in the UK, our GDP is more service-based than manufacturing. Lets, face it, MG was an old and respected British company but now it is just a name on a Chinese car.
Just like Mini, Landrover, Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce etc, etc.

ezshift5 01-11-2021 11:35 AM

An informative thread - this.

Up until now I got the EV part - but to me it evokes memories of my late, lamented (buyback) VW JSW TDI.

I actually thought it was a VW until the MG front badge sunk in. Sorry - I now think of it (this thread has been SO informative for me) as ".......from the folks who brought you CoVid19)........"

ciao,

ez

Jay2TheRescue 01-11-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezshift5 (Post 202242)
An informative thread - this.

Up until now I got the EV part - but to me it evokes memories of my late, lamented (buyback) VW JSW TDI.

I actually thought it was a VW until the MG front badge sunk in. Sorry - I now think of it (this thread has been SO informative for me) as ".......from the folks who brought you CoVid19)........"

ciao,

ez

LOL, I have one of the buyback JSW's. I just picked it up this weekend after spending two whole weeks in the dealer because the intercooler iced up. Hopefully the upgraded intercooler design doesn't freeze up on me again.

LDB 01-11-2021 05:51 PM

What is JSW? Probably a "well duh" but at the moment I can't think of it.

Draigflag 01-11-2021 11:06 PM

Jetta Station Wagon. So what's the story with those and other VW TDI units? I'm assuming they "fixed" the software and sold them at a big discount?

LDB 01-12-2021 04:41 PM

Yep. Well duh. Thanks.

Draigflag 01-12-2021 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Over here in the UK, we used to refer to them as "estate" vehicles, the term station wagon is becoming more popular. Peugeot have always referred to their estate cars as station wagons. I guess it sounds trendier, estate is quite a dated sounding phrase now.

Talking of which, the Engineered by Peugeot Sport SW has to be the best looking SW on the market now in my opinion.

JockoT 01-13-2021 12:49 AM

From Wiki.
Reflecting the original purpose of transporting people and luggage between country estates and railway stations, the body style is called an "estate car" or "estate" in the United Kingdom, or a "station wagon" in North America, New Zealand, Australian and Africa.

LDB 01-13-2021 07:42 AM

Whatever way one chooses to refer to it the Peugeot is one sharp car. I would be quite happy to have one.

Draigflag 01-13-2021 08:14 AM

Me too, I will monitor prices carefully, it's only being released this year. The ev range would suit my daily needs, but the 355 combined BHP would keep me entertained on weekends for sure.