Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Right Lane Only (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/right-lane-only-2166.html)

SVOboy 05-22-2006 03:45 AM

Right Lane Only
 
As most of us are painfully away, there is no longer a national speed limit of 55. New Jersey recently set their limit back to 65, and this is sad, as we're approaching another, if not the, oil crisis to come.

My proposal is that I will draft an open letter that can be addressed to whomever you please urging the consideration of another national speed limit, or at the very least, a land such as the carpool lane with a strict 55mph speed limit, which will be open to those seeking better fuel economy.

In california alternate fuel vehicles are granted use of the carpool lane, and for some reason I believe insight drivers are also.

Would anyone be interested in a tossing a strongly worded letter at their senator/congressperson/DoT official if I were to go to task on it?

Don't worry, I know this will not change the world, but the first step to change is to make it known change is wanted.

Compaq888 05-22-2006 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
As most of us are painfully away, there is no longer a national speed limit of 55. New Jersey recently set their limit back to 65, and this is sad, as we're approaching another, if not the, oil crisis to come.

My proposal is that I will draft an open letter that can be addressed to whomever you please urging the consideration of another national speed limit, or at the very least, a land such as the carpool lane with a strict 55mph speed limit, which will be open to those seeking better fuel economy.

In california alternate fuel vehicles are granted use of the carpool lane, and for some reason I believe insight drivers are also.

Would anyone be interested in a tossing a strongly worded letter at their senator/congressperson/DoT official if I were to go to task on it?

Don't worry, I know this will not change the world, but the first step to change is to make it known change is wanted.

you're asking a lot. I was driving 75 in the carpool lane yesterday and there was a pack of cars stretching behind me trying to get around me. People want to drive 80+ in the carpool lane. I think the california rule is if a car gets 45mpg then it can get the sticker for the driver to be alone in the car.

Matt Timion 05-22-2006 05:05 AM

I would be more than happy to help with this. As a general rule people are going to go about 10mph above the speed limit. If you lower it to 55mph then people will go 65.

Here's a site you might want to look at :

https://www.drive55.org/pn/index.php

GasSavers_DaX 05-22-2006 05:11 AM

They've actually dropped a lot of the speed limits around here BACK to 55 mph.

Compaq888 05-22-2006 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
They've actually dropped a lot of the speed limits around here BACK to 55 mph.

But aren't people going 75 in GA???? Like most of the traffic

GasSavers_DaX 05-22-2006 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
But aren't people going 75 in GA???? Like most of the traffic

Yeah, most people FLY in Atlanta. :)

Compaq888 05-22-2006 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
Yeah, most people FLY in Atlanta. :)

I heard the potholes are so big that you have to literally fly over there not to mess up the rim.

kickflipjr 05-22-2006 06:01 AM

In chicago 75-80 seemed to be the norm.

That is way too fast.

Compaq888 05-22-2006 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr
In chicago 75-80 seemed to be the norm.

That is way too fast.

In cali 75-80 is the norm here. The people that stay in the farthest right lane go about 55-65mph. The problem with that lane is the traffic coming on the freeway and coming off which kills the mpg.

JanGeo 05-22-2006 07:45 AM

Yeah in CT they have a strict pass on the left law so I get lots of drivers passing me at high speed only to brake in front of me to take an exit. Although yesterday coming back from the Cape I had a long line of cars behind me keeping pace and a few super big SUVs blowing past me at 70mph in a 65. Had some killer head and cross winds coming back so it killed my mileage plus 4 adults in the xB.

I see Compaq888 has been upgraded to "Super Jerk"! LOL


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.