Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   D15Z1 CRX Hf (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/d15z1-crx-hf-2169.html)

Matt Timion 11-04-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPatrick (Post 78527)
I know it's an old thread but I was wondering how this project ended up? Did you get it all working well? What kind of gas mileage are you getting now?
It would be great if, now that you (and I am supposing here you did complete the project) completed it could share your thoughts about it, give out some tips. What were the major problems you had to tackle? What would you do differently now (if anything).
If you have the time it would be superb if you could make a DIY with loads of pictures!

CLick on "little blue" in Bunger's garage. You'll see his results.

McPatrick 11-04-2007 03:16 AM

Thanks Matt, that does show a very good gas mileage. Would like to hear more about Dunger's experiences though. Is this FE pretty much due to putting the VX engine in or are there other mods as well (I am reading some stuff about making the car lighter)?

Matt Timion 11-04-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPatrick (Post 79958)
Thanks Matt, that does show a very good gas mileage. Would like to hear more about Dunger's experiences though. Is this FE pretty much due to putting the VX engine in or are there other mods as well (I am reading some stuff about making the car lighter)?

he has drastic weight reduction. If I remember correctly, the 1988 CRX HF was 1819lbs in it's stock condition. Bunger has it down to 1500lbs. I'm sure it makes quite the difference on such a small car.

SVOboy 11-04-2007 07:23 AM

If you have a solid cel (not blinking) that means that something is seriously FUBAR'd.

MakDiesel 11-13-2007 12:54 PM

I certainly hope not, she starts right up, runs like silk, smooth idle, a bit of hesitation when I give it plenty of pedal but it hasn't been run more than say, 4 miles since the swap was completed last April (drained the tank, new fuel filter, etc) I ground the wire that Rywire instructed me to off the pigtail and I get a steady check light on the stock '89 HF cluster. O2 isn't new but looks decent, P07 ECU is from someone on this board. ? Mak

DarbyWalters 11-13-2007 01:14 PM

You can always cut a potato in half and then rub it on the windshield...acts like Rain-X in a pinch. Then stick a hald on the end of your broken antenae for better reception.

Bunger 02-20-2009 09:33 PM

Looks like I'm mothballing this car for a bit. I've been driving some of my other CRX's lately, and getting back behind the d15z1 isn't much fun. I don't want to totally get away from MPG, so I've decided to go with a little moderation. Next project is my 88 Si, I've pulled the B18C swap and picked up a 96 HX swap (d16y5). Also, I have a ZC tranny sitting in storage which should be a nice balance between MPG and performance. I'm hoping for around 45mpg and a 1/4 mile 1 sec quicker than the stock 88 Si specs.

bowtieguy 02-21-2009 02:19 PM

good to here from you again, it's been a while.