Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   supermid m-1 (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/supermid-m-1-a-2180.html)

GasSavers_katman 05-24-2006 01:52 PM

supermid m-1

I'm new. I'm dumb. Now that we have that established, what is it, who makes it, where do I get one?

krousdb 05-24-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katman
I'm new. I'm dumb. Now that we have that established, what is it, who makes it, where do I get one?

It is a device that measures fuel consumption and distance traveled by sensing signals from your ECU. If you are OBD1 (pre 1996 in most cases) it might be the only device to help you measure fuel consumption. If you are OBDII (97 and later) you can also use the scangauge.

The SuperMID is not readily available, they are custom made by Yoshi. If you ask real nice he might make you one.:D

The scangauge is readily available. Just do a google search.

MetroMPG 05-24-2006 04:10 PM

Hi katman -

Welcome to the site.

Whichever meter you end up using, you won't regret shelling out the $. (Besides, if you use it regularly to fine tune your vehicle & driving, it'll pay for itself.)

Also, I suspect some of the 1st generation ScanGauges will be showing up on eBay now that v.2 is available.

GasSavers_katman 05-24-2006 04:29 PM

I was looking at becoming a dealer for the ScanGauge but they are still working out their dealer plan.
So do both do the same thing?
I have a 97 Tahoe 2dr, 5.7, auto, 4x4. AMSOIL in everything, 3oz/10gal of Acetone and zylene, and 1oz/10gal AMSOIL PI.
Been getting around 15 MPG +/-. Just took out the Bosch +4 and installed Halos. On my test hills I was able to just barely accelerate up hill. With the +4 I was barely able to maintain 55 MPH. But I don't have many miles on since the plug change and the computer is still adjusting.

tomauto 05-24-2006 04:43 PM

odds

The odds are against you with that combination my friend. 15 mpg is nothing to call home about. If you can get that figure in the 20 mpg range you will be doing good. You can get a scangauge for your vehicle no problem.

Also, remember to take out any excess weight you have in the tahoe. Every pound counts:)

krousdb 05-24-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

I was looking at becoming a dealer for the ScanGauge but they are still working out their dealer plan.
So do both do the same thing?.

They both do the same thing but the M1 works on both OBDI and OBDII. The drawback of the M1 is that you cant plug it into the OBD port, you have to locate wires coming from the ECU and clip onto them. The M1 also is very compact but does not have an outer case.

GasSavers_katman 05-24-2006 04:54 PM

I bought a roll cage for my race car and blew up the engine so I never got a round to put it in. I also didn't have room for it in the garage so I kept it in the Tahoe for almost a year! It only weighs about 250 pounds! It's out now. I've got to pump the tires up to about 50 lbs and se if that helps.

tomauto 05-24-2006 04:55 PM

Tire pressure

Make sure to check the max psi rating on those tires.

MetroMPG 05-24-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

I kept it in the Tahoe for almost a year! It only weighs about 250 pounds!

Holy cow! That's more than 1/8th of my car's weight ;) Taking that out= good move.

SVOboy 05-25-2006 01:10 PM

Since you're 97 I think you should stick with the scangauge unless you plan on lots of engine off coasting or you wanna log some interesting information that the MID can accomodate.