Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Greetings from Japan. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/greetings-from-japan-2209.html)

GasSavers_Diemaster 05-28-2006 05:11 AM

Greetings from Japan.

WAZUP!!! :P

well been in japan for 5 days now. i hate it! i miss helga and my home. evreyone drives on the wrong side of the road. they got SMALL cars over here. i'll post some when i got a chance. matt they also have lit liceance plates just like the lit H emblim and CIVIC hb center piece (also trying to find.) also trying to find a junkyard to make big profit :p :D

seen a few honda fit's and other even smaller cars. proably smaller than your 600 matt :p. alot of motorcyles and bicycles.

in 5 days, i've had nothing but eggrolls, coke, and mcdonalds. thank god theres a mcdonalds or i'd starve.

evreything is in Yen and roughly 100Y = $1. train ticket is 150Y($1.50) where as an Ipod is 270,000Y ($270)

been working 7am-6pm minus lunch. even had a few midnight days allready. (i e 7am-12pm :()

i cant say much so i'll substatute so you'll get the idea....
the "boats" are being "launched" this thursday. the "figures" are running fine and is loved by evreyone thats sees them, client included. still need to finetune the "figures" and need to get the "boats" ready to accept the last 2 "figures". kind ahard to explainbut once were done i can reveal it.

anyway got to get some sleep. just wanted to stay in touch :) beeing 16 hours ahead is hard. 6am in the states, 10pm in japan :)

will keep u informed. :cool:

Josh

thisisntjared 05-28-2006 07:32 PM

damn.. yea they work like dogs over there.

what kind of work do you do?

SVOboy 05-28-2006 07:35 PM

I find it surprising that my friend can go to the best art school in japan and still find time to party and get totally wasted, somehow they fit it all in, ;)

It's a pity their culture latches onto ours so much (mcdonald's in japan, for example). Makes me angry.

thisisntjared 05-28-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
It's a pity their culture latches onto ours so much (mcdonald's in japan, for example). Makes me angry.

i agree. mcdonalds just scratches the surface. its much worse than that...

SVOboy 05-28-2006 07:38 PM

I know, but he mentioned mcdonald's so I chose that example. Plus it's a generally used one in the battle with the french and a decent trademark (how sad our country is treated like a franchise) of the us.

Matt Timion 05-28-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy

I have strong feelings about this. Spending two years in Asia I saw all sorts of things like this that made me cringe.

Matt Timion 07-10-2006 10:10 PM

DieMaster where are you? You should have been back in the states by now.

Compaq888 07-10-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
DieMaster where are you? You should have been back in the states by now.

What is he in the witness protection program or something??? LOL

I would of wanted to stay in Japan for a couple of months.

GasSavers_Diemaster 07-13-2006 06:56 PM

back from japan now and still unwinding. just thought u should know mat :D