Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Garage and Gaslog up (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/garage-and-gaslog-up-2219.html)

Matt Timion 05-30-2006 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
there are a few bugs. for some reason when i reload the gaslog after posting a new one it duplicates it, and continues to duplicate it as i hit the reload button.

i dont know why ben gave it the thumbs down, but it does its job for me.

i like how the car description is chunked out nicely.

the 90 day working mpg is pretty sweet too!

i think its cool and i cant wait for the chart to come back

LOL... and you kept reloading it :)

I'm going to have to set up a redirect to ensure that this doesn't happen.

MetroMPG 05-30-2006 08:55 AM

Are you planning to bring back our vehicles under our Avatars with direct links to their garage/gaslog? Aside from the gaslog graph, that's what I miss most from the old site.

Matt Timion 05-30-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Are you planning to bring back our vehicles under our Avatars with direct links to their garage/gaslog? Aside from the gaslog graph, that's what I miss most from the old site.

I would like this, but it might take some extra thought to think of how it can work properly. In the past I used a call to the server for each post, which really added up and killed the server load. I have a few ideas on how to do it now, but I need to take it slowly so I do it correctly.

GasSavers_DaX 05-30-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I would like this, but it might take some extra thought to think of how it can work properly. In the past I used a call to the server for each post, which really added up and killed the server load. I have a few ideas on how to do it now, but I need to take it slowly so I do it correctly.

Personally (my opinion), I'd be very weary about sacrificing any detectable amount of server speed for ANYTHING.

Matt Timion 05-30-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
Personally (my opinion), I'd be very weary about sacrificing any detectable amount of server speed for ANYTHING.

I have an idea of how to do it so it won't sacrifice server speed, but I also don't want to make modifications to the core software. The last time I did that I couldn't upgrade due to so many modifications.

MetroMPG 05-30-2006 09:27 AM

If not beneath the avatar, an alternative would be to provide each user the code they would need to manually put the link in their sigs, like you did with the hypermiler/mpg image.

Matt Timion 05-30-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
If not beneath the avatar, an alternative would be to provide each user the code they would need to manually put the link in their sigs, like you did with the hypermiler/mpg image.

the images will be back up soon, and will probably be a little smaller as well so they'll fit in the signatures better.

I need to look into adding a custom field under the avatar. I'm certain there is a way to do it without sacrificing server speed.

SVOboy 05-30-2006 02:03 PM

Yay, it's back!!! I wish my odometer worked so I could post a tank...:(

krousdb 05-30-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Yay, it's back!!! I wish my odometer worked so I could post a tank...:(

Ouch! Zero MPG will kill your average.:D

SVOboy 05-30-2006 02:19 PM

Yeah, I'm planning on getting the vss/cluster wired tonight. So we'll see. Have to figure out how to swap odometers or just do the old roll.