Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Riding with non-FE drivers (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/riding-with-non-fe-drivers-2225.html)

95metro 05-31-2006 08:44 AM

Riding with non-FE drivers

All I can say...well...it's almost scary now. :D

Racing up to stop lights. High revs/maintaining speeds in low gears. Fast acceleration.

Matt Timion 05-31-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95metro
All I can say...well...it's almost scary now. :D

Racing up to stop lights. High revs/maintaining speeds in low gears. Fast acceleration.

I feel your pain. I had no idea I'd even end up driving like a "grandma."

Silveredwings 05-31-2006 08:55 AM

I think the same thing when SUVs and 4x4s speed past me. I enjoy knowing that I pay my gas bill and they pay theirs. Bwahaha. :cool:

95metro 05-31-2006 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I feel your pain. I had no idea I'd even end up driving like a "grandma."

:D hahahahaha...yeah, even my father says I drive like a little old man now (he had to follow me home one day).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveredwings
I think the same thing when SUVs and 4x4s speed past me.

What I really can't figure out is people who pass me just so they can rush to the red light 400 ft ahead...:confused: But, like you said, it's their gas bill, not mine. Unfortunately we share the air they're polluting at worse rates.

GasSavers_DaX 05-31-2006 09:33 AM

It's sad when even your significant other says you drive like a grandma. I had to follow my family down somewhere this past weekend, and they were doing like 80 and kept calling me saying "are you back there? hurry up and catch up!"

mtbiker278 05-31-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95metro
What I really can't figure out is people who pass me just so they can rush to the red light 400 ft ahead...:confused: But, like you said, it's their gas bill, not mine. Unfortunately we share the air they're polluting at worse rates.

I see this everyday. I'm especially familiar with the traffic jam "herk-n-jerk". People speed up to keep up with traffic only to slam on their brakes two seconds later. Not only does this waste gas, but it's down-right dangerous. Basicaly a rear-ending waiting to happen.

Maybe people will learn eventually, after they're wrecked a number of cars....

SVOboy 05-31-2006 03:12 PM

This is a funny topic, because the other night I was in the car with jared...I've never seen redline so many times in one trip.

Compaq888 05-31-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
This is a funny topic, because the other night I was in the car with jared...I've never seen redline so many times in one trip.

ROFL

thisisntjared 05-31-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveredwings
I think the same thing when SUVs and 4x4s speed past me. I enjoy knowing that I pay my gas bill and they pay theirs. Bwahaha. :cool:

i think the same thing, when i am pass them:):cool:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy

oh comon it was only twice for that 1-2 pull behind 'capitan blow up my bronco'.

what a turd burgler.

tomauto 05-31-2006 10:32 PM

people

people either

a) don't realize what they are doing
b) don't give a flying flip (yet)

people will

Let history repeat itself. - Oil crisis to come....