Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Garage update: 90 day top ten MPG added (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/garage-update-90-day-top-ten-mpg-added-2243.html)

Matt Timion 06-03-2006 12:28 AM

Garage update: 90 day top ten MPG added

one of the rankings was added tonight. I had to spend some time figuring out the best way to code it to ensure it was the most efficient.

Anyway, here are your top ten vehicles for the last 90 days of fuel economy additions:

https://www.gassavers.org/garage.php?do=topten

philmcneal 06-03-2006 01:55 AM

something to work for, very nice idea! I like the idea of making FE a competion.

i think you can go far with this... like best city FE, and best FE in the shortest while. Longest distance? You know where i'm getting at....

krousdb 06-03-2006 03:52 AM

A few Q's...

Matt, when is the calc done? A 90 day rolling average will change when a new tank is added, and also when an old tank drops off.

So does your programming look at the date of the fill or the date that you logged the entry? Will an old tank drop off and a recalc performed or do you need to wait for a new tank to be entered before you see a new average?

Looks like a nice struggle for the top spot going on now. I predict the Blackflea will take the top spot sometime during the summer. With Basjoos turning in 80's, I am thoroughly ensconced in third place. But only until project KDA is complete. Then I will be screwed.:p

Will there be a variant to the top ten that will show % over EPA combined?:D

Also, something about % over in the garage also, next to the FE numbers.

krousdb 06-03-2006 03:54 AM

And while we are on the subject of top ten, you should have a top ten post log. That will shuffle the names around a bit.

MetroMPG 06-03-2006 05:02 AM

Nice work, Matt.

Only problem: I'm in danger of falling off the stats unless I drive more. With my non-driving holiday coming up, I may not have another fillup until July :p

Matt Timion 06-03-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
A few Q's...

Matt, when is the calc done? A 90 day rolling average will change when a new tank is added, and also when an old tank drops off.

So does your programming look at the date of the fill or the date that you logged the entry? Will an old tank drop off and a recalc performed or do you need to wait for a new tank to be entered before you see a new average?

Looks like a nice struggle for the top spot going on now. I predict the Blackflea will take the top spot sometime during the summer. With Basjoos turning in 80's, I am thoroughly ensconced in third place. But only until project KDA is complete. Then I will be screwed.:p

The 90 day average is updated every time an entry is added, updated, or deleted (still have to add the delete capabilities). It is ALSO updated every night a little after midnight, althought it's not running perfectly right now, so I'm going to have to do something about that sometime soon.

SVOboy 06-03-2006 08:54 AM

i'll be on there so fast, :p

Matt Timion 06-03-2006 09:24 AM

So sorry, i forgot about the other questions.

Quote:

It looks at the date that YOU enter for your fillup, not the date that you enter it into the gaslog. As I mentioned in the other post the 90 day average and the overall MPG average is (or should be) calc'd each time an entry is added as well as once a night.

Quote:

Yes, that's next on the list. As you can see, I already have started it (look at the bottom of the topten thingie

Quote:

Will be easy enough to do. I might be able to tackle both of these tonight depending on what the evening entails for me.

MetroMPG 06-03-2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
i'll be on there so fast, :p

Get to it! The more duking it out on the 90 day list, the merrier. (Actually, that's a stupid point - there will always only be ten...)

This is exactly why I love the idea of the 90-day figure: it can motivate people with newly developed techniques and/or mods to make an effort.

What's left on your car? Is your odo working yet? MID km/L? Haven't seen a project KDA update in a few days...

SVOboy 06-03-2006 09:35 AM

i'll update it now while i wait for lunch to be prepared...