Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   No Self serve in NJ (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/no-self-serve-in-nj-2262.html)

zpiloto 06-06-2006 07:56 PM

No Self serve in NJ

My wife was watching the Daily Show(Fake news) and they had a story saying that there is no self service gas in NJ. :eek:SVOboy is that true? It hard to tell whats what when watching that show.:D

thisisntjared 06-06-2006 08:21 PM

yo i dont know of anyone who doesnt know what the daily show is. it is by far my most favorite tv show, too bad i refuse to pay for tv....

anyway, its true. its actually illegal to pump your own gas, but there have been talks of having that legislation repealed, thank God. its faster for me to get out of my car and swipe my credit card than it is to wait for some dude.

Matt Timion 06-06-2006 09:32 PM

Oregon is the same way. There have been many talks about changing the law, but then like 10,000 people statewide will be without jobs.

It's a crappy situation for everyone involved.

Compaq888 06-06-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Oregon is the same way. There have been many talks about changing the law, but then like 10,000 people statewide will be without jobs.

It's a crappy situation for everyone involved.

we need that **** in cali. My cousin's dad keeps forgetting to take the hose out car when he's done and takes the whole pump with him when he leaves.

zpiloto 06-07-2006 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
yo i dont know of anyone who doesnt know what the daily show is. it is by far my most favorite tv show, too bad i refuse to pay for tv....

anyway, its true. its actually illegal to pump your own gas, but there have been talks of having that legislation repealed, thank God. its faster for me to get out of my car and swipe my credit card than it is to wait for some dude.

Do they have someone extra to pump the gas or is it the same guy? It seems like it would be tough for the station/convienance store to make much money if they have to have extra staff just to pump gas. The gas prices don't look much higher than anywhere else.

GasSavers_Jack 06-07-2006 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto
Do they have someone extra to pump the gas or is it the same guy? It seems like it would be tough for the station/convienance store to make much money if they have to have extra staff just to pump gas. The gas prices don't look much higher than anywhere else.

Ya the have "extra" guys that just stand there to pump your gas.

SVOboy 06-07-2006 12:21 PM

Yeah, there are pump people. I like it, it gives people jobs and what do I pay, 10 cents more? Plus, environmentally, you don't have people leaving gas caps half off and spilling gas all over because they don't know anything.

Some people pump their own gas if they're in a hurry or do it a specific way, but it's not a big occurence.