Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   an increase of 20mpg cost me... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/an-increase-of-20mpg-cost-me-2268.html)

chesspirate 06-07-2006 11:15 PM

an increase of 20mpg cost me...
 
around $16,000.

I bought a new Toyota Yaris, freeway rated 39 but i've read a lot of people doing much better than this without any mods, so i plan on averaging about 40mpg with my granny driving style.

The truck is still running well, and beating other trucks of it's type gas-mileage wise everyday of the week, just time to move on, move up, and save some gas

Matt Timion 06-07-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesspirate
around $16,000.

I bought a new Toyota Yaris, freeway rated 39 but i've read a lot of people doing much better than this without any mods, so i plan on averaging about 40mpg with my granny driving style.

The truck is still running well, and beating other trucks of it's type gas-mileage wise everyday of the week, just time to move on, move up, and save some gas

COOL!

BTW, welcome back. I havn't seen you in a while.

Compaq888 06-07-2006 11:21 PM

did you get the 2 door or the 4 door, manual or auto, color??? Details!!!!!!!

JanGeo 06-08-2006 01:32 AM

Yaris
 
CONGRATULATIONS!! You have my motor and tranny I think with smaller tires - break her in real easy - gentle revs and not a lot of heavy gas pedal and you will get really high mileage. You have to polish the bores under light load with easy revs. Try not to lug it. I still have not seen one close up yet. Get a ScanGaugeII you will love it!

95metro 06-08-2006 06:28 AM

Yay! Finally! A Yaris owner...I've been wanting to see how one of those will perform.

philmcneal 06-08-2006 09:43 AM

yeah yaris has great potenial. IF FASED to the bone.

Compaq888 06-08-2006 02:54 PM

The car has great potential. The first thing I'd do is the tires, go 40+. Next remove the spare and jack. Then do some underbelly stuff.

Matt Timion 06-08-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
Next remove the spare and jack.

I have no idea why you're such an advocate of removing the spare and the jack. Removing 30 lbs isnt' going to do a thing for fuel economy. My best tank was when the car had 4 people in it and was full of luggage.

there's also the issue of safety and practicality. I've been stuck with a flat without a spare once, and it will never happen again.

EVER.

Compaq888 06-08-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I have no idea why you're such an advocate of removing the spare and the jack. Removing 30 lbs isnt' going to do a thing for fuel economy. My best tank was when the car had 4 people in it and was full of luggage.

there's also the issue of safety and practicality. I've been stuck with a flat without a spare once, and it will never happen again.

EVER.

I drive on the streets most of the time and weight matters there. The less weight the car is on the street the less fuel the car will spend.

diamondlarry 06-08-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
I drive on the streets most of the time and weight matters there. The less weight the car is on the street the less fuel the car will spend.

That may be true, but if you have a flat and have to call a tow truck, it could eat up whatever miniscule savings you may get; several times over. Just my $.02 worth.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.