Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   an increase of 20mpg cost me... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/an-increase-of-20mpg-cost-me-2268.html)

chesspirate 06-12-2006 07:26 PM

I enjoy driving auto better, and the wife will NOT drive stick, and this is "our" car even though i drive it 99.9% of the time.

Also the EPA rating is the same in the city at 34 and only 1mpg better on the freeway for the stick at 40 to 39.

I'm just a lazy driver honestly.

SVOboy 06-12-2006 07:30 PM

The epa estimates are tricky like that, just ask dan, with the stick getting a lower epa estimate but much higher lifetime pimpage.

Matt Timion 06-12-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesspirate
I enjoy driving auto better, and the wife will NOT drive stick, and this is "our" car even though i drive it 99.9% of the time.

Also the EPA rating is the same in the city at 34 and only 1mpg better on the freeway for the stick at 40 to 39.

I'm just a lazy driver honestly.

I'm also guessing that the automatic is CVT, so it's a much better situation mileage-wise for most drivers.

Oh, don't forget the gaslog!

chesspirate 06-12-2006 08:39 PM

i don't think it's CVT.

I have D, 3, 2, L..... sounds like 1-4 to me, and i can feel the shift points.

I think the CVT would only be available on a higher priced model

philmcneal 06-13-2006 12:57 AM

haha that higher priced model is the prius, i can't afford a new one so i'm looking into used ones at the moment ;)efficency without the work, I think its worth the price :)

chesspirate 06-16-2006 11:38 AM

little update

just filled up thurs night. Over 39mpg!!! And i'm still not in mpg "mode".

The care is all stock from factory, I haven't touched a darn thing, and my driving style is still more about 'break-in' than mileage. And that's in mixed driving, using the A/C a little bit too. I'm getting really excited about the mileage potential with this thing as a base.

I also read somewhere that the Yaris has a CD of .29 can anyone veryify that??

I also saw a 'liftback' model at the dealer, way uglier than I expected, i really like my sedan.

95metro 06-16-2006 11:44 AM

Great result chesspirate! Yup, I can definitely see myself getting an Echo or Yaris once they are down to $5k-$6k on the used market.

zpiloto 06-16-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesspirate
just filled up thurs night. Over 39mpg!!! And i'm still not in mpg "mode".

The care is all stock from factory, I haven't touched a darn thing, and my driving style is still more about 'break-in' than mileage. And that's in mixed driving, using the A/C a little bit too. I'm getting really excited about the mileage potential with this thing as a base.

I also read somewhere that the Yaris has a CD of .29 can anyone veryify that??

I also saw a 'liftback' model at the dealer, way uglier than I expected, i really like my sedan.

The commercial for the Yaris kind of hooked me. I guess I'll have to wait 5-6 years and buy a used one.:) Put it in your garage so we can see how it does in real world driving.:cool: Congrats on the car. Got any pic's.

LincolnW 06-16-2006 12:57 PM

Congrats on the Yaris!

I think Toyota has hit the nail on the head once again with the Yaris. They are marketing masters over there.

Ever since I saw the Yaris at last year's auto show I have been interested in them. I didn't get a chance to check them out up close so I need to get over to the dealership one of these days.

I'm definately interested in hearing what you like/dislike about it after driving it for a while, as well as the MPG it gets. Any pics?

95metro 06-16-2006 01:07 PM

Chesspirate - you should start a Gaslog for the Yaris. We would all be interested to see more data. You'll appreciate it down the road too. I wish I had done this for all of my vehicles.