Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Diesels (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   No more diesels in California (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/no-more-diesels-in-california-2299.html)

getnpsi 09-19-2008 01:53 PM

i know in california diesel costs much more because of the tax. large trucks fill on the other side of the state line because it makes sense for them.

Mike T 09-20-2008 03:30 PM

In France and Germany, diesel is at least 15 Euro cents cheaper than 95 RON. That was in late spring.

Towjoe42 09-26-2008 08:02 PM

Even though you cannot buy a new Diesel Car in California, you can go to Arizona or another state that allows new ones to be sold and buy one. then just wait six months and it is considered USED and you can register it in California.

groar 10-01-2008 02:16 PM

Prices around my house :
  • 1.275 / 1.332 diesel 51 / 55 (cetane)
  • 1.355 / 1.443 gasoline 95 / 98

Diesel is cheaper thanks to taxes. Not to advantage it for CO2 because these taxes differences exist since the 70's. Then the petrol companies were producing too much diesel...

Current French ecological intensives on new cars buying based upon CO2 emissions are advantaging diesel, but constructors have since this summer a few little gasolines which have good results as the Citroen C1 and the Toyota Aygo.

But diesel's maintenance is more expensive. Total cost is better for diesel above 15000km/year.

My diesel is a second hand so not much more expensive than a gasoline. As I'm saving 33% on my consumption, I can offer me the best diesel 10% more expensive than lowest cost, which is a 25% money saving :)

My 11 years old diesel emits certainly more particles than a newer diesel as I don't have a particle filter, but they are always not mandatory on new cars, even if they'll have to use it to respect next restrictions. Ecologically and economically it's better to use it during a few years before to destroy/sell it.

Denis.

Lug_Nut 10-02-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towjoe42 (Post 119675)
Even though you cannot buy a new Diesel Car in California, you can go to Arizona or another state that allows new ones to be sold and buy one. then just wait six months and it is considered USED and you can register it in California.

Requirements are minimum 7500 miles, purchased, titled and registered in a non-CARB state prior to registration in a CARB state. There is no time consideration in classifying a vehicle as 'new' or 'used' under CARB regulations.

COMP 10-02-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut (Post 120213)
Requirements are minimum 7500 miles, purchased, titled and registered in a non-CARB state prior to registration in a CARB state. There is no time consideration in classifying a vehicle as 'new' or 'used' under CARB regulations.

crazy,,making people do that :mad: