Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Do other drivers ever get pissed off at you? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/do-other-drivers-ever-get-pissed-off-at-you-2349.html)

LincolnW 06-21-2006 08:57 AM

Do other drivers ever get pissed off at you?

It seems like ever since I started focusing on increasing my FE I have had a number of other drivers get angry with me.

I don't even accelerate that slowly, but I keep having people tail gate me then speed around me at the first chance they get.

Also, coming up the hill from work the speed limit is 55 and I maintain a constant speed of 60 AND I make sure I'm in the right hand lane. Yet still every once in a while other drivers will speed around me and cut me off.

Yesterday I had a guy in a huge Ford truck nearly run me off the road, and I was going 5 mph over the limit! He also gave me the finger as he sped by me. I don't think I am driving slow, I could be accelerating much faster, but I never drive under the speed limit, and I accelerate at a pretty good pace when there are other drivers behind me.

Do you guys have problems with other drivers getting pissed off at you for driving conservatively? Or am I the only one? Maybe I'm driving too slow?

SVOboy 06-21-2006 08:59 AM

Haha, I drive 55 on the interstate (65) and at speed limit everywhere else, accelerating quite slowly, never had an issue.

Once I had someone honk at me but I dunno what it was related to, *shrug*

XFi 06-21-2006 09:06 AM

It's amazing how many people THINK you will be going slow, or are going slow, just because of the car you drive. I believe people speed up, after I pass them, just because it MUST be an insult that an econobox is going faster than their luxury sedan.

Compaq888 06-21-2006 09:12 AM

All the time. I could be doing the speed limit and they still pass me.

psyshack 06-21-2006 09:19 AM

OO yeah, get the finger, lip service, tail gated all sorts of stuff.

LincolnW 06-21-2006 09:25 AM

Okay, I don't feel so bad then.

It kind of makes me laugh as these people in big trucks or SUVs go speeding by me, all pissed off. I wonder how much gas they are using while they mash the gas to get their 6000lb death trap to speed by me.

I'd be pissed off to if I was locked into a huge loan on a gass guzzler. lol

SVOboy 06-21-2006 09:26 AM

Wow, I'm lucky I guess. People pass the hell out of me on the interstate but I never get any crap for it. I guess NJ is just mellow like that.

95metro 06-21-2006 09:40 AM

I haven't noticed anybody giving me the finger and I've only had one person honk at me recently (apparently because I came to a complete stop at a red light while I was turning right :confused: ).

People do pull out, pass, and pull back into the lane ahead of me all the time. I really don't understand this behavior when a red light is 100 yds ahead and obviously isn't going to change in the next 5 seconds.

I keep thinking I should have a bumper sticker that says: Stay behind me, you'll save fuel.

philmcneal 06-21-2006 09:47 AM

don't give them the satisfaction of letting them see your face, let them see your finger instead.

SVOboy 06-21-2006 09:48 AM

I think that was my honk, stopping at a red light, and then turning right. Crazy fools!

Anyway, I've thought of a similar bumper sticker, or at least like, some FE related so people don't think I'm stoned when my engine goes off, :p