Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   The altima is SOLD!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/the-altima-is-sold-2365.html)

The Toecutter 06-25-2006 05:20 PM

Honestly, I'd much rather have a fared bicycle than a scooter. A fully fared bicycle could be liesurely pedalled around 30 mph.

www.speed101.com/

I'm talking about those kind of bikes, BTW! If you really pedal it hard, you're looking at 60+ mph.

I don't know anyone who would be insane enough to ride one of these on the street to work each day, but I'd certainly love to give it a go!

95metro 06-26-2006 07:05 AM

Nice going, Compaq. Barely on the market and you sold it. I guess that's the benefit of buying a popular car in the first place.

Good luck finding a decent Civic for a decent price...

pssst....buy a Swift-clone...:D

Compaq888 06-26-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95metro
Nice going, Compaq. Barely on the market and you sold it. I guess that's the benefit of buying a popular car in the first place.

Good luck finding a decent Civic for a decent price...

pssst....buy a Swift-clone...:D

The car wasn't popular, I just sold it $500 under it's price. The only reason it got sold so quick was because the car had 70k miles. i found plenty of civics but the problem is they aren't either decent or the price isn't decent.

95metro 06-26-2006 10:06 AM

Oh, I was just considering the Altima as popular going by Nissan's sales. That's what I meant.

psst...no...seriously...buy a Swift-clone, they're not that bad. A little underpowered, but easy to work on and gets you from A-B without issue...and they're cheap! :D ;)

Compaq888 06-26-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Oh, I was just considering the Altima as popular going by Nissan's sales. That's what I meant.

psst...no...seriously...buy a Swift-clone, they're not that bad. A little underpowered, but easy to work on and gets you from A-B without issue...and they're cheap! :D ;)

I still want something I can rev the hell out of. For the first year I'll probably get worse mileage because I got to learn stick and play with it

SVOboy 06-26-2006 02:40 PM

Why don't you get an ITR and do a little headwork? 10k readline...

The Toecutter 06-26-2006 07:02 PM

Then buy a Swift clone and add a turbocharger? :p

diamondlarry 06-26-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

I'm having a hard time finding Metro type cars; at least on Ebay anyway.

95metro 06-27-2006 07:36 AM

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I looked for one out of curiousity - though I did see an XFi in running condition, but with a damaged driver's side. That would be fun to swap the powertrain to my Metro...:D

Lots of Swift-clones on Canadatrader.com, but I guess it doesn't do you much good if you're in the US.

Best place to look for them is right in your city. Drive around residential zones and back alleys looking for "For Sale" signs.