Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Poll... Do you wear seatbelts? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/poll-do-you-wear-seatbelts-2383.html)

GasSavers_Jack 06-27-2006 05:30 AM

Poll... Do you wear seatbelts?

Always
Most of the time
Sometimes
Rarely
Never

I would say that I am a "most of the time" I am not quite always but trying. Just curious if everyone here is as diligent about safty as FE?

Post up what you would say you were and I will edit it this post with a total.

krousdb 06-27-2006 05:37 AM

yup

GasSavers_DaX 06-27-2006 05:44 AM

ALWAYS.

When I was 9 I got to see my mother in a hospital after she flew through a windshield. The driver fell asleep and hit a guard rail (cut the engine in half and exited through the roof of the car). She wasn't wearing her seatbelt and went head first through the windshield. I will ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, and so will everyone else riding in my car.

diamondlarry 06-27-2006 06:06 AM

I pretty much always do, but I'm not totally convinced that they are always effective. When I was young(16-4 months after I got my liscense) I wrecked my dad's '78 Civic CVCC. The police said it appeared to them that the car rolled end over end at least once and sideways 2-3 or more times. I was NOT wearing my seatbelt and the driver's window was down. I walked away with out a scratch. When we were cleaning out the car at the wrecker yard the next morning, I tried to sit int the seat and the only way I could do that was to scoot way down in the seat and lean about halfway to the passenger seat due to the caved in roof. That car had shoulder type belts and, had I been wearing them, I would have been killed or permanently paralyzed. In fact, when I got back to the scene of the accident after going for help, the officer didn't believe I was the driver because I was still alive. As I said though, I do wear my seatbelts pretty much all the time; it's the law in Indiana.

GasSavers_Jack 06-27-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
yup

Where does Yup fall?

GasSavers_civicminded 06-27-2006 07:42 AM

Yup falls in between yuo and yuq :)

Me=Most of the time

I do wear mine 99.9 % of the time that I'm in a vehicle. I have had a similar experience as diamondlarry though, where the 1 time in 1000 I didn't have mine on I had a crash and ended up with mostly scratches. If I'd have been in the car, I may have been decapitated - T-Top car and it flipped and slid on it's roof. And it crushed the driver's side A pillar. God was watching out for me that day I assure you.

So, while I believe that they have benifits, they can be detrimital in some cases. It's the odds that dictate why there are seatbelt laws and such.

95metro 06-27-2006 07:51 AM

Always

zpiloto 06-27-2006 07:57 AM

Always

SVOboy 06-27-2006 07:57 AM

Always, my dad still doesn't even after he smashed his last windsheild with his head.

Silveredwings 06-27-2006 08:43 AM

Always.

They definately saved me twice: once in a car crash, and once in an aircraft (hey, any landing you can swim away from is a good landing).

I'd be interested in seeing the percentage of crashes where wearing belts would have been worse than not wearing them. I bet it's a pretty small number.