Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Kid Hauler (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/kid-hauler-2384.html)

GasSavers_DaX 06-27-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95metro
Bah...you're a little sore for a day. Getting kicked hurts a lot more. :eek:

I'll cross that bridge (HAR HAR HAR) when we get to that point in our lives.

GasSavers_Jack 06-27-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Bah...you're a little sore for a day. Getting kicked hurts a lot more. :eek:

I would amend that to Real sore for a day and sore for another. But better then getting kicked in the nuts!

GasSavers_civicminded 06-27-2006 09:59 AM

Our last one was born C-section - so tube tying was just a minor diversion for her. :)

95metro 06-27-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civicminded
Our last one was born C-section - so tube tying was just a minor diversion for her. :)

"Oh, by the way, Doc, while you're in there could you...???" :D

GasSavers_civicminded 06-27-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

"Oh, by the way, Doc, while you're in there could you...???" :D

And I watched to make sure he had tight knots :eek: :D .

kickflipjr 06-27-2006 11:28 AM

I love minivans or wagons. I like that they have the ablility to haul lots of stuff and get somewhat better gas milage then a SUV or a truck.

Unfortuantly it is very hard to find a minivan with a manual transmission. I know it was an option on the toyota previa.

95metro 06-27-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr
Unfortuantly it is very hard to find a minivan with a manual transmission

Older 4-cyl Caravan and some V6 Aerostars had manual transmissions. That's probably going to be my next van (unless I get a wagon or large sedan) since my current Aerostar is rusting pretty badly...powertrain is strong, but it's going to look like crap in a couple more years.

I do know of at least one fellow with a 3.0L V6 Caravan who replaced the A604 automatic with the A543 manual from a Daytona.

Gary Palmer 06-27-2006 11:42 AM

The problem with this, for me, is that my Chrysler Town & Country, is really my wife's and has been notated before, tis not a good idea for me to be fooling with her car. However, what's in their is actually pretty good, excepttt for putting the car into a lower gear, coming down a hill, pulling a trailer. It has the 3.8 L engine, but it does pretty decent for it's size and it normally is turning about 2200, at 70mph.

95metro 06-27-2006 11:56 AM

Yeah, don't mess with your wife's car...EVER! :D

I think Chrysler makes a pretty decent engine - they took some good tips from Mitsubishi, but I hope their new electronic automatics are better than their old ones. That A604 was in every 3.0L car they made and it was an absolute junk heap. Finicky and weak!

A neat thing I recently discovered is that the Aerostar is basically a truck with a van body. I guess every mechanical component from the Ranger and Explorer are swappable into (or out of) an Aerostar...I wonder what I could do with some time and money...??? :cool:

Gary Palmer 06-27-2006 01:13 PM

I had not realized that, either. my problem is every FORD i have know has been a pile of junk. I feel their quality is defined by theeir ability to buiild in guarateed obsolesence within a very tight specific number of mile's. I think they know exactly what their not doing.